Thomas Brodie- Sangster (AU)- 'Fake' Couple pt. 3

Y/N got out of her room looking all fresh and clean. She got dressed into her cosy sweater and a pair of joggers. Her wet hair was being dried by the towel in her hands.

She was met by a whiff of pancakes that made her stomach rumble. She headed to the kitchen and saw Thomas putting the last disk of pancake on a plate. The girl smiled at the gesture. But at the same time, she felt a little embarrassed for how little her hospitality was today. "You know, you really didn't have to do that."

Thomas jumped a little when he heard her spoke up. He was too focused on making the both of them some food, he didn't notice her standing there. "I don't have to. But I want to." He remarked as he late his plate on the counter, "Besides, I'm hungry." He added as he sifted some powdered sugar on top of the flapjacks.

"You could've at least told me before I went to take a shower." Y/N interfered.

"Oh, come on. You've done this before with me and Ava. Let me do it for you this time." He insisted, pulling out a stool that was tucked in the counter, "Sit."

"But—"

"Y/N, you're not a maid. You don't have to do everything for anyone. Now sit down." Thomas suddenly cut her off as if it was an order.

Y/N reluctantly obliged. It did looked tasty after all. So she drizzled some syrup all over the food, picked up fork, and took a bite. She loved how fluffy and soft it was as soon as she ate it. She was also taken by surprise when she suddenly tasted the chocolate chips inside. "I never knew you could cook."

"I try to from time to time." Thomas shrugged as he started eating his own plate of food. As he did so, he couldn't stop questioning about the fact that he hasn't met her parents. Let alone, see them. "So, where are your parents?" He asked, swallowing the food down as he drank some water.

Y/N suddenly faltered. She was hoping he'd never ask about them. Unfortunately, he did. "At work." She answered shortly as she stabbed the fork on the piece of pancake.

"What do they do?" She thought that was his only one question. But Y/N thought wrong.

"My Dad's a lawyer." The girl said without a drop of emotion. Since he had that kind of career, and his boss always sue people and various companies, he was always busy. Heck, she barely even remembered what his face looked like. "He's actually coming home late."

"And your Mum?"

"She's a nurse in New Zealand for 4 years and counting." Y/N answered.

Thomas hummed, "So you're practically living by yourself?" His remark was meant to be half a joke.

"Sadly, yes." The girl sighed, "But what can I do? My parents work hard to get me a good education." She added in a mumble. The truth is, she was sick of being alone at her home. At first it was fun, but now she'd been falling into a pit of boredom.

Thomas felt bad for the girl. He never knew she lived a life filled with solitude. So he decided to stay for dinner.

"So, what else could you cook?" Y/N changed the topic when she realized she had zoned herself out. The both of them were finished eating. She insisted on washing the dishes.

"I've been practicing with pasta." Thomas replied while turning to her as she walked towards the sink. "In fact, I want to cook some for dinner."

As much as she would love him to stay for dinner, she just couldn't accept it. "Now, now, you don't have to stay. Your parents might get worried." She interfered, loading up the sponge with soap.

"Already texted them a while ago that I'll be home late." Thomas reassured. He didn't know why he was doing this, but somehow, he wanted to be around her more.