→ Newt- Nice to See ya, But I'm Not Her ←

It was a night here in the Scorch, where cranks were all lying on the floor with no life for the sake of me not to get bites from whoever crank goes anywhere near me.

You see, I'm not immune to a disease called the flare. I used to live in this Department named WICKED with my identical twin sister, Hedwig- she was named after a female philosopher in 1888 (Hedwig Conrad- Martius)- I can't remember her real name because they did something painful to me that I forgot about it.

I could still remember the reason why I made a run for it.

~flashback~

I stayed in a room filled with screens that show what the beedle blades are looking at in the place what the people in there called the Glade ever since they put my sister there.

Everyday, I watch my sister being happy with a guy named Newt. They've been together even when they were in this compound. She was still stubborn like the days before the maze. And that attitude of hers led her to a disaster where I saw her in a pool of her own blood in the maze after a griever killed her.

I cried from grief and anger. WICKED did this. I hate them for killing my sister with that slimy guard dogs of theirs. I cried when I see Newt banging his fists to the door while shouting her name. I felt bad because he lost the love of his life and I lost my sister.

From this moment I stayed silent but the tears are still falling. My eyes are still watching the scene.
I lost her. She's my only family, and I lost her.

The next thing I knew, I was snapped out of my sadness by the guards dragging me out of the room for some tests.

I struggle to get out of their grip but they just held my arms tighter.

When we arrived into the lab, I was lied down on a cold metal table and I got mildly sedated to weaken me. Doctor Leavitt was setting up the syringes and his back is facing me. I looked around the lab to stop him before he poke needles on my body. And I found a scalpel on a table next to me. I lifted my hand to get it with all my strength and hide it as soon as I grabbed it. I closed my eyes and waited for him to check on me.

The dark vision that I see when my eyes are closed turned to red. I realized he was checking me with his light. I opened my eyes widely and stabbed him on his thigh. He screeched in pain and I sit up and knock him out cold and grabbed his ID.

Get off the bed and search for a weapon before I make a run for it. Then I found a launcher and a grenade so I grabbed it and get out of the room. Sirens were heard around the whole building causing the guards to appear on my sight. So I made a run for it whilst shooting some guards with the launcher.

I just wanted to get away from here.

I was halfway through the exit that was closing, "Y/N!" Until Janson with the guards blocked my way. "Stop whatever you're doing! You don't know what's out there! The elements won't kill you but the cranks will! Remember you're not immune!" He exclaimed.

"I don't care! Now please get out of my way!" I spat back. But all I get was launchers pointing at me. "Listen to me you little shit, I tried to be nice to you, but you're just like any other subjects, a brat." Janson started, I begin to load the grenade behind me as he talks, "Now go back to your room or they'll shoot." He said sternly.

"Fine, but before that--" I threw the grenade to the ground and hid a little far from it. I heard it explode with electrical sounds. I looked at it to see them wriggling on the floor like salt sprinkled worms. I walk up to the door and immediately opened it with Leavitt's ID.