→Newt- "The hell is your problem?"←

Let's say Newt was cured and he made it to safe haven, a'ight?

Enjoy reading!

<×೧×>

Third Person POV

It's been 3 years since the Right Arm encountered the war between WICKED and non-immunes. Thomas and Y/N had successfully got the existing cure into Newt, who almost gave up on his life when he was past gone if it weren't for their help.

He was able to make it to the Safe Haven and be with his friends when it comes to living a life free from the Flare as well as the post-apocalyptic chaos. However, during their time in their permanent home, the romantic relationship Y/N and Newt had ended up fading away.

It was a mutual break-up. As the first couple of months went by, they believed they have fallen out of love, and so, they talked things out privately and broke things off peacefully. Which was a relief to the both of them since there was no drama.

To be frank, the two of them moved on quite quickly. In a vast of 2 months, Y/N happily went on with the life of being single who is not willing to mingle and Newt started dating a girl that came from group B named, Freya.

The both of them kept an open mind and remained friends after a month of trying to avoid each other in the most subtle way possible. There weren't any changing of tables during meal times or changing of friends. Both of them saw each other as individuals who are going about their lives.

Luckily for them, their friends weren't making the biggest deal about it. Yes, there were small talks of asking if they are okay, but that was about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Six months later, all was as normal as it can be.

As of now, Vince is announcing that he needed someone to come with him to an abandoned city to get some supplies the next day. "All right, who wants to come with me?" He asked throughout their dining hall as they ate their food. "I need four people." He raised up his four fingers.

"I'll go!"

Both Y/N and Newt raised their hands as they responded instantly in unison. None of them really cared that they wanted to go. Both had different reasons as to why they wanted to get some supplies with Vince.

Y/N didn't have anything else to do in their land. Not one needed her help as they said they could manage on their own. It was the least she could do to help keep the place running.

Newt, on the other hand, wanted to see if leg was better than before. As it turns out, a member of their community can fix his limp. He wanted to see if he could run and walk normally again.

"Okay, then. That's two." Vince counted. "Who else?"

Soon enough, Vince found himself picking Thomas and Gally after the two of them volunteered. "Okay, you four, we get up early tomorrow. After dinner, pack up and get some sleep. Understand?" He instructed.

The four people nodded in understanding before giving a clear answer from him.

"Yes, sir."

"Roger that."

"Affirmative."

"Alrighty."

And so, they all continued to consume their supper. But, when they did, others started murmuring and looking at both Newt and Y/N. The girl heard it very clearly that they were questioning about doing the task with her ex-boyfriend. Unlike the circle of friends they've made, others were making themselves believe that they despise each other dearly or one of them isn't over the break up yet.