→ Benny Watts- More Than Anything ←

Both Benny and Beth had gotten out of Benny's car after a long drive along the highway to New York, where Benny's home is. Beth eyed up the house while the blonde man grabbed her suitcases with haste with a faint, excited grin plastered on his face.

Once he got two of the suitcases out, Benny gestured for her to follow him to his place. Although Beth obliged his instructions, she still failed to follow has her feet led her to the big house. "Not there." Which it wasn't Benny's home at all.

It questioned Beth as to why he lived through the other end of the alley-looking hallway when he practically wins a lot of cash from playing chess. Though, it wasn't her place to judge. She noticed him smile as they get closer to his abode, anyway. Maybe he's comfortable with this kind lifestyle. She thought as they both reached the door.

As they made their way towards the door, Benny Watts' smile got wider when he suddenly hear a humming along to the song that was on the radio, Twistin' The Night Away. He looked at Beth, who was behind him, and gestured for her to stay quiet by bringing up his index finger to his lips. Harmon reluctantly obliged.

Once she did, Benny quietly opened the door to see the love of his life and his fiancée, Y/N, making something for herself to eat. He could tell that she just got home as she was still dressed in her evening gig clothes. He watched her as she gently swings herself to the beat whilst frying some scrambled eggs.

It had always fascinated him that Y/N was patient enough to still stay with him. He loved her very much. He sometimes wondered what did he do to deserve a girl like her. She always believed in him, always see the good within people. Most importantly, she loved him back.

"Are those scrambled eggs for me?"

Y/N frowned until she turned to the direction where she heard the voice to see Benny, standing there. "Benny!" She turned the stove off without taking her eyes off of her love and threw her arms around his neck, taking him a little by surprise by the sudden impact, though he chuckled softly and returned the bone-crushing hug.

"I missed you, lovely." Benny said through the crook of her neck.

Because of his stubble tickling Y/N's neck, it made her giggle as she pulled away to look at him. "The feeling's mutual." She said softly as pecked his lips shortly before spotting the woman standing awkwardly behind him.

Y/N smiled politely and genuinely at her while she pulled away from her lover's comforting hold.  "You must be Beth Harmon." She held up a hand in front of Beth, "I've heard you all over the news. It's nice to finally meet you." She exclaimed.

For a moment, Beth stared at her hand before she shook her hand with her own. "It's nice to meet you, too." She quietly replied.

"This is my fiancée, Y/N." Benny chimed in, gently wrapping his arms around the girl, which made her giggle. "My very motivation to win every single match that I've competed into."

The remark only made Y/N roll her eyes at him playfully. Covering away the side of her mouth from Benny, she pretended to whisper to Beth. "Not really." She tittered, making Beth smile lightly as of she agreed with her.

"Hey, it is true!" Benny pouted.

Y/N's and Beth's chuckles were let out before Y/N replied to him. "I know, I know." She continued, kissing his cheek, "And I love you even more for that."

Benny couldn't help but get dazed by her E/C eyes. The only thing that got him to snap out of it was when she pulled away from his embrace whilst giving the two of them an offering. "I'm gonna add up the dinner since you two arrived. Just sit back and go study your moves or whatever." She chuckled before heading towards the kitchen to cook something for them.

Y/N had no idea this day wouldn't get any better; a while ago, in the pub, she received a standing ovation from the audience, she got extra tips, nothing seemed to go wrong. Benny's arrival  was a confirmation that she was having a day filled with pure leisure.

****

After they had their supper, a few of the couple's friends showed up that night. They introduced themselves to Beth while Ben and Y/N prepared bottles of booze as well as several chess clocks and chess boards.

All of them knew how to play except for their French comrade, Cleo. Y/N only learned by watching them play, whether it's a normal paced round or fast paced. Though, it was more of a hobby for her compared to Benny, who practically made a whole career out of it.

At this point, Y/N was playing speed chess with one of the boys (I forgot their names hehe), giggle amusedly by how fast she could play under pressure.

Meanwhile, Benny walked up to Beth, who distanced herself for a bit to drink a bottle of beer. "Enjoying your stay?" Benny asked sitting beside her whilst watching proudly as Y/N ended the game with her winning.

Beth Harmon shrugged, "Decent enough." She replied and nonchalantly chuckled. "You're fiancée's very welcoming, though." She turned away from the others' small game. "And she's a little tough to beat if I do say so myself. It almost made me wonder why she doesn't go on tournaments." She recalled her little match with Y/N. Believe it or not, she almost lost it to her.

"Believe me, I suggested that to her." Benny sighed in content, "But she could never see it as a career." And he completely understood that. He was even there to support her when not one of her family did.

"How did you two meet?" Beth curiously asked.

Benny grinned as soon as Harmon mentioned it. The memory always hits him until he was lovesick all over again. "We met at a bar." He started, "I was quietly drinking whiskey while jazz instrumentals were playing in the background. Of course, I didn't put much care on the music. Until I heard her.

"As cliché as it sounds, her beautiful voice caught my attention. And me, turning towards the small stage caught her attention." He chuckled. "Now, you can figure out the rest on your own."

Beth could only say one thing after seeing his eyes sparkle as he gazed upon Y/N. "You must really love her, don't you?"

Benny turned to her and smiled lovingly, "More than anything."

The End.

<×—×>

Well damn..

This whole pandemic where I tried my best to not catch anything that's as near as a flu..

I let my nose get runny and my throat get scratchy😃

IT'S NOT COVID I SWEAR! AND STAY SAFE YOU GUYS!

Anyhoo, thanks for reading and have a nice day/night!✨

-BloodyinspiredTri 🖤