Newt AU- Void pt. 3

It's been two week since Y/N had an encounter with the void. Everything seemed to be normal from then on. Except for one thing:

Y/N's sleeping schedule.

The day after she was possessed with the creature gave her the prevention to sleep. Not even for a decent minute. Every time she closed her eyes as the stars show up to the sky, the void came to greet her a torturous hello. So she decided to just not sleep at all, leaving her drained and dull everyday.

It also meant her immune system was getting faulty.

"Y/N, the coffee's overflowing!" Zart, the keeper of the fields, called out. Her eyes shot up from falling asleep as she lifted the pot away from Zart's cup. Brown liquid spread throughout their surroundings as well as her friend's clothes.

She couldn't help but grimace. "Shuck." Y/N cursed under her breath before she hurriedly taking a rugs from the kitchen. "I'm so sorry, Zart. Here," she handed one of the rugs, "just go sit somewhere else, I'll clean this up." She finished as she sniffed up the liquid that was running down her nose.

"This has been happening for a week, Y/N." Alby suddenly piped up.

"I'm sorry, Alby. It won't happen again." Y/N swore with a hoarse tone. Newt hoped it wouldn't come to this. He'd been noticing her coming out of her room with a pale face and a runny nose these past two weeka. "No, Love, it's not just that," he chimed as he walked over to her, "you look like you have a bloody fever."

Y/N shook her head in denial. "N-No, I'm fine, Blondie, really. Just go on and have your breakfa--" However, the sneeze that was let out said otherwise. Her friends looked at her with concern, Newt especially. It made her feel uncomfortable. "I-It's probably just allergies!" She waved off with a nervous laugh.

"All right, you need to go to the Medjacks, Love." Newt insisted, calling for Clint and Jeff to escort her to the Med hut with him. Y/N didn't have a choice. So she reluctantly went with them.

****

Jeff took the thermometer from Y/N's mouth after three minutes to have a look at her temperature. The frown on his face made it evident that it was evident. "Well, Newt's right. You do have a fever." He said to Y/N, who focused on the pole that held the hut up. She avoided the eyes that were all lying on her even if it only were from three people. "You got anything else that's sore or aching? Like your throat?"

Y/N slowly shook her head in reply.

"Your stomach?"

Once again, they only got a nodded no from her.

Newt was getting frustrated. "Y/N, you have to tell us what in the bloody hell is up. We aren't a buggin' fortune-teller." As much as he loves her, it irritated him that she only answers them as if she was unable to speak. She was never usually this quiet.

The girl blinked thrice vigorously, trying to get the faint pounding of her head to settle down. Though, it only got worse because of the void that kept tormenting her in her head. "My head.." Y/N tugged on the roots of her hair as she grimaced, hoping that it would be gone if she did so. ".. it hurts." She tried to get her words out in a way that she would sound like she was okay, but it went out in a low whimper. "They just won't shut up." She added under her breath.

Newt and the other two boys wasn't able to understand what she said in the last bit. Although his stomach churned when she started trembling and sobbing. "They won't leave me alone." Y/N wavered, bringing her knees to her chest.

She couldn't keep it from them any longer. Y/N knew that they would only think of her as lady who'd gone mad after all. She was sure they wouldn't believe her. She knew she wasn't going to get help from others.