→ Samuel Emerson- Next Door ←

Samuel's POV

I was reading the third volume of Phantom Halo on my bed with my door locked. If my Dad finds out I'm reading this again, I'll be in deep shit.

I was so focused and intrigued by it, until I saw the window next door light up in the corner of my eye. I turned to my left to look at it directly. Like always, the curtains were closed. I never knew who lived in there nor who sleeps in that room, I just know that every evening at 7:00 pm, the lights are on.

The only difference now, is the person finally got the curtains out if the way

It was a girl.

She was just about my age. She had H/C hair that was wrapped around in a messy bun. Her E/C eyes could be seen through her black framed glasses that she pushed up as it slid down to the bridge of her nose while she was writing something. She had a frown on her face but she still looked beautiful.

She looked up at the stars to think with her chin resting on her hand. I could hear the faint sound of the music coming from her room.

Now that I heard myself, I feel like a complete stalker.

"Hey, Sam! Do me a favour, hide this pile of cash before Dad spends it in a casino." I heard my brother, Beckett as he came in the room. I stopped looking at the girl next door and turned my attention to him.

"Give me it." With that, he handed me the rolled up cash. I opened my wardrobe and hid it behind my clothes as soon as he left my room.

Before I could plop myself down on the bed, I suddenly saw the girl dancing and lip syncing with a hairbrush as her microphone. Her back was facing me so she hasn't noticed me. I chuckled silently as I watched her being silly.

Until she turned around.

She came into an abrupt stop and dropped her hairbrush as soon as she saw me. Her eyes widened in embarrassment.

Your POV

I was flustered.

And I was still looking at him in embarrassment. He chuckled and waved at me. Holy crap. He just had to be attractive.

I nervously waved back and smiled awkwardly. I really didn't know what to do.

Sure, I've seen him by the window every other day.. maybe even sneak a peek.. and maybe down the streets, performing. But I haven't been noticed by him before. Well, until tonight. I've done such silly things every time. Only thus time, my drapes were open.

He had a smile on his face as he glanced up at me one more time before turning away and turning off his light. I forgot about the thing I was writing. So I decided to turn off my light as well and go to bed.

I'm still embarrassed.

~time skip~

The next few days have been like that. We'd share glances at each other and wave. If I saw him working on a car, he'd look up and notice me with a smile on his face.

It was flattering.

I was heading at the book store in town. Until I saw a crowd of people gathered around, watching a performance.

I walked over the crowd to see him performing. He had his British accent on a he recited his own story of Phantom Halo. He was good at it.

Of course, I couldn't help but mouth some lines if his. Yes, I am also a fan of the comic series. It fascinated me how he narrated a whole volume for possibly thirty minutes with such emotion.

Samuel's POV

I was done with my performance and all of them applauded. I bowed down to them as a closure. They all put money in the hat that was empty a while ago before leaving.

I sighed as I crouched down to gather up the cash that was on the ground and straightened them. I counted them and it wasn't enough for food to eat.

"So, you like Phantom Halo, huh?" A voice of a girl suddenly chimed. I looked up and saw it was the girl next door. She held up her hand for me to shake, "Hi, the name's Y/N. I'm your-"

"You're the girl next door." I blurted out. What the hell am I doing with my life? She chuckled, "Indeed I am. And I believe your name's Sam?"

"How did you know my name?"

She shrugged, "I've heard your brother say it a couple if times."

I nodded in understanding. "What do you say we go grab ourselves some lunch and maybe talk about stuff?" She offered timidly.

Heat rushed through my cheeks. "I-I'd like that."

→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←

I apologize if it's shorter than usual.

I have a minor question:

Do you prefer me writing in first person or in third person?

Anyhoo, I hope you're all safe and sound even though we have a lot of things happening right now. Especially with this particular issue we have been dealing with for a long time until now.

Let me just say, it's not okay to treat black people with such discrimination. Being black is not a crime, we shouldn't treat them any differently.

Black lives matter. Keep that in mind.🖤

-BloodyInspiredTri 🖤