Newt- "The hell is your problem?" pt. 5

The next day, Minho and Thomas came to look for them since they didn't return to their hammocks last night. They found out their cots were empty as soon as they woke up to a Monday morning.

They called out for their names, but not one of them answered. Until their eyes trailed towards the beach once they met at the end of their circling. It wasn't hard to spot Newt when his hair had this distinct blonde shade that matched with the sand.

All they could see was him laying down on the sand from afar. When they tried to shout his name, he wasn't responding. They had no other choice but to approach him.

Once they eventually reached him. The two guys found out that he was sleeping.

And that he wasn't alone. Of course, it had be so obvious.

They were so focused on Newt, they almost didn't pay attention to who was beside him. That is, until their eyes absentmindedly glanced at the spot next to him. When they realized someone was all snuggled up beside their best friend, they didn't think twice of darting their eyes at the person again.

The corners of their mouth turned upwards into a mischievous and subtly excited grin as soon as they recognized that it was Y/N. She was there, sound asleep just like Newt.

Her arm and head was lying on top of Newt's chest while his own arm was wrapped around her protectively. It was just like old times, they thought. Newt and Y/N used to sleep like this back when they lived in the Glade; back when they were together.

The two boys didn't make a sound, but it was no lie they were about to make fun out of it.

But just as Minho was about to titter on them, Gally ran into the scene with his eyes trained on the two boys. "Hey, guys, you found--" his question was only cut off by a shush from Thomas.

It left Gally puzzled, although his confusion ended shortly after Minho nodded towards their two sleeping friends. Just like that, he joined in with a quiet chuckle. Nice to see nothing's changed. He thought to himself, folding his arms to his chest.

"You guys still ship it?" Thomas asked quietly.

All of a sudden, Minho remembered why they were looking for them in the first place: It was Freya's trial today and all had to be there.

Right. Though, he still wouldn't change his view about what was below them. "Boy, how I wish I have a camera right now." He stated aloud, mainly to wake the two former couple up.

His voice was loud the Y/N and Newt fluttered their eyes open as their heads jolted up from Minho's sudden loud voice. With their senses still fuzzy, the didn't take notice of their position.

Both looked up at the three of them with squinted eyes even though they've blocked the sun away from them. They were dumfounded when they realized they were given the two of them smirks. "Didn't know you guys were back together." Gally teased, pointing out how Y/N was practically lying on Newt.

The girl was in utter confusion. Being all groggy, she didn't have a single idea what Gally was talking about. "What..." Y/N managed to mutter out before she trailed her eyes to her arm that lied next to her head.

When hers and Newt's vision became more aware of their surroundings, that's when they realized their bodies were barely far away from each other.

Because if this, the two of them were fully awake and jumped away from each other, causing for their friends to laugh at them out loud. Y/N tried to recall what happened last night, but she couldn't remember how she fell asleep. All she remembered was she caffeinated herself last night.