→ Romulus Agustulus- Is He Yours? ←

I refuse to believe he's 17 here!

Btw, if you are studying literature that evolves around Rome, don't attack me if I get some info wrong. I only wrote what I can remember from the film. I would like it if you correct me in a less rude way if that's possible in your nature Hehe..

Enjoy reading!✨

—•∞•—

Third Person's POV

The sun was rising up as it let's the sky appear dawn. Young Emperor, Romulus was still sleeping peacefully on his bed when an old maid decided that it was time for him to wake up.

"Sir Romulus, I believe it is time for you to be awaken and bathe under the sunshine while cook makes your meal." She gently shook the boy awake, letting him flutter his eyes open with a tight-lipped smile. "A pleasant morning to you." He greeted quietly whilst rubbing the tiredness off of his eyes.

The curtains let beams of the sunlight inside his room. This day seemed to get him in a good mood. He stretched and got himself out of his bed and dress up to start the day.

As he did so, he looked at the small frame that consisted of a small portrait of his deceased parents. It's been a year since they passed away from a war. There hasn't been ever since he forbid it.

Now, the town is as peaceful as it is. Busy and exhausted from their jobs, but everyone was contented.

Romulus greeted his servants as he made his way out of his palace and stood in front of his village with the head of knights, Aurelius. He decided to help the worker who were in need of it. Although they were thankful, the villagers couldn't shake the fact that he didn't really have to help.

As he was in the middle of passing multiple crates to the workers, he suddenly heard the fast pitter patter of an animal. When he looked at the direction where the sound came from, he was taken by surprise once two paws padded on his side as it barked happily, but hungrily.

It was a dog with grey fur. It was panting heavily as if it had came a long way. "Oh, hello." Romulus paused from helping as the dog caught his attention. "Where did you come from?" He asked as the dog politely sat down and it let him scratch the back of his ear.

"Master, I believe you shouldn't be petting this stray dog." Aurelius suddenly touted as he continued to finish helping the villagers move the crates of crops. Romulus only ignored him and bought a variety of food for the dog to eat and asked for a bowl of water.

He was taken by surprise as the dog devoured the whole meal the Caesar (did I spell that correctly?) gave. "You must've travelled a long way to be as ravenous as this." Romulus chuckled, letting the dog eat his food after he petted its head shortly.

"Master Romulus, I think we should head back. The task is finished." Once again, Aurelius adviced him to do so. Though, the young Caesar insisted on staying until the furry creature was done with his food. In the process, he remembered to pay the vendor he bought the crops from.

So, eventually, the knight let him be. However, it was his duty to stay beside him and protect him from any harm at all cost. He couldn't just leave the royal highness alone.

"Gianni!"

Both Romulus' and the dog's attention went to a lady's voice, who was calling out a name. The boy looked around for her, yet he couldn't spot her anywhere. Whereas the grey dog got on all of his four paws and turned away from his food to look for the owner of the voice.