Newt- Nice to See ya, But I'm Not Her pt. 2

*BANG*

And with just that sound ringing into our ears, we know that Winston is no longer in misery.

I walked faster than Newt, who's tears are falling even with a straight, brave face. I was the one who's leading right now just to not let them see me bawling my eyes out.

He used to be one of my best friends.

I lost another one again..

****

"I'd never thought I'd say this, but I miss the Glade.." Frypan exclaimed as we were staring at the fire. A drop of a tear started streaming down on his cheek. "I thought we were all immune back in the glade?"

"I guess not, so expect that it'll happen to one of us too," Newt replied. "Let's get some rest." He finished. They all lie down on the ground except for me.

I just looking up the sky in the middle of nowhere. Then I looked at them. Especially Newt. I just have this feeling inside me. I had this feeling again. The feeling of rejection..

Back then, I used to have this little liking for him. But when I was filled with hope that he'll like me back I admitted it to him.
Unfortunately, he says he doesn't like me like that and he likes Hedwig.. which hurts a bit.

I sighed at that memory of mine as I get up with a bar of granola and a bottle of water in my hands. I wanted to be alone for a moment while I talk to the sky where I believe my sister is.

I sit down on the ground a bit far away from the gladers. "How are you there, sis?" I said to the sky, "Well, I found our friends.." I look back at the gladers who are sleeping peacefully. I know this sounds weird, talking to probably no one, but I don't really care.

I took a bite from the granola bar and chew it until I can swallow it.

I continued, "I can see Newt has no idea who I am but it's fine.." I took a glance at him and I took off my hat to wipe the sweat on my forehead, "I mean it was you who he chose even before you were gone."

"He thought I was you when he saw me," I chuckled. "Well we are identical, so I guess it makes sense.." I shrugged to myself.

"Who're you talking to?" I hear someone questioning me from behind. I turned around to see Newt.

My eyes widened, "uhh no one..." I nibble my granola bar more and look down with a face of embarrassment. "Then why did I heard you saying 'He thought I was you when he saw me' or 'Well we are Identical, so I guess that makes sense' like you're talking to someone in front of you?" He asked as he plopped down beside me.

"Correction, I'm talking to someone above me not in front of me." I corrected him. I took the last bite out of the granola bar and put on my hat after the remaining sweat dried up.

"Wait, are you in contact with WICKED?" He asked with a scared look on his face. I scoffed and pinched the bridge of my nose, "No you dumb blondie, I ran away from them for good, why would I be in contact with them?" I sighed.

I took the photograph of me and Hedwig and hand it to him. "I was talking to the sky because I know my sister is there when her life's been taken." I said and sniffed the liquid that's about to run down my nose.

"Hedwig.." he whispered.

"Yeah, the girl you got stuck in the maze with? She's my twin sister." I stated. I look up in the dark, cloudy sky and continued, "WICKED never really showed mercy when it comes to us," tears are threatening to come out any second but I shook it off.

"How so?" He asked with a crack on his voice. "Well," I crisscrossed my legs together, "take the maze as one of the answers of your How's."

"And then there are those times where they take more tests on us than you guys since they said the DNA of ours are different because we're twins and whatnot." I looked at him with my now red, teary eyes, "and where did that end up? Obviously, she got killed by those grievers and now I have to survive this whole place with the people she lived with for 3 years. For the sake of you people being able to live in a paradise the Right Arm's finding."