→ Newt AU- Of Course It's Okay! ←

This was requested by nofeetpichere I'm really sorry this came out later than expected.

I apologize in advance if it's not the kind of imagine you're looking for. I'm not used to writing these kind of themes with the tiktok trends and gamers and everything.😅

Heck, I don't even know how gamers do livestream. I just know they use Discord and Twitch.. so again, I'm so sorry for being an old soul.

Please be reminded that requests are STILL CLOSED TILL FURTHER NOTICE.

Okay now, Enjoy reading (but I'll still warn you that this will probably be short)!✨

« • — · ※ · — • »

Third person's POV

Y/N entered the flat she shared with her boyfriend, Newt. She just got back from her classes, exhausted and in desperate need of a hug from Newt.

Just one hug that would last a few minutes before she starts doing her report assignment that was due tomorrow in the evening. Sure, she might sound too devoted to make her assignment right away, but she wanted to finish everything.

"Tommy, take care of that buggin' shuckface. I'll handle the sniper." She heard Newt instructing his friend through his microphone equipment. When she opened the door, she caught a glimpse of him seated on his gaming chair in front of his seat with his headphones attached to his ears, playing.

"Nice one, Minho." He chuckled lightly with his eyes fixated on the screen, not sensing his girlfriend's presence as she slowly dragged her feet towards him.

Too tired and touch deprived at this time, she only focused on getting onto Newt's lap and wrap her arms around him. Y/N didn't know he was doing a livestream. Hence, she thought it was perfectly fine. Though, she couldn't bring herself to just constantly climb in without informing him. So she lightly tapped on his shoulder.

Newt eventually glanced up at her. "Hey, Love!" He greeted before his eyes trailed back to his computer screen.

"Hi, blondie... Is it okay if I hug you for a while?" She asked quietly, still clueless about his livestream.

Of course, he couldn't say no to her. After all, it always calmed him whenever she's holding him. "Love, of course it's okay! Come on." With that, he took his eyes away from his screen, letting his teammates play without him for a while as she climbed on his lap, straddling him.

A sigh left her lips once she settled herself in with her head in the crook of Newt's neck and her arms around his torso. She could feel him return the simple gesture with his lips pressed onto her clothed shoulder and his hands laying on the small of her back.

The warmth feeling of his touch made Y/N have goosebumps. It calmed her, though it calmed her too much.

His touch was lulling her to sleep. Her eyelids were getting heavy every second she lets out a breath. She was trying to fight the tiredness off as she had schoolwork waiting for her. You'd still have time for that. Her conscience internally whispered, unknowingly drifting off in the process.

Newt realized she was already asleep when she didn't move a single muscle any longer. Her back rose up and down slowly as she breathed. He would've just sat there and just let himself fall asleep as well.

"Hey, Newt, we finished the game."

Until he remembered he was still in a livestream with his friends after Gally spoke up through his headphones. He completely forgot to get back to the game. "Shit. I'm so sor--"

"Don't be silly, you shank. It's all right, man!" Alby chimed, "We won against those greenies, anyways."

"Yeah, but just a reminder:" Minho piped up, "The next time you let Y/N get all cuddly with you, make sure you turn off your camera. You're viewers are obsessing over your shucking love life."

After he heard about the information he was given by Minho, Newt bidded his short goodbye to his viewers, all flustered when he saw the stream comments getting bombarded about how they ship him and Y/N so much. A few of them even made him smile.

Valorant_girl07: ack! my hearttt uwu uwu

DudeIzSus: MY OTP FOR LIFE MY OTP FOR LIFE MY OTP FOR LIFEEEE

gAmInG_is_life12345: no cap they are THE BEST COUPLE EVER shucking fight me if you disagree

(I know, cringey usernames and comments. I'm so sorry)

"Okay, thanks for watching, guys." He waved at the camera before he ended the livestream along with their Discord chat.

Y/N was still in the same position, still out cold. A strand of hair was falling onto her face and Newt couldn't help but brush it off to give a kiss on her cheek.

Quietly, Newt looked at the clock on his desk. 1:00 am. He would've been still awake at this time, but he noticed he was getting sleepy as soon as he turned off his computer. So he took off his headphones, put them on his desk, and carried Y/N to their bedroom with him.

He laid her gently on her side of the bed, covering her with a duvet before he turned off the lights. Newt tried his best to not wake her up while he got himself on the bed.

Once that was a success, he pulled Y/N closer to him with his chin on the top of her head and drifted to sleep.

The End..

« • — · ※ · — • »

YA'LL, I'M SORRY IF THIS ONE'S BAD AND SHORT. I really don't know anything about gaming nor how gamers act pLeAsE dOn'T aTtAcK mEh!🙇‍♀️😭

And I haven't been feeling myself lately.. hence, I'll probably take a liiiittle longer to update again. But I'll still try my best to do so🖤

I hope you all have a nice day/night✨

-BloodyinspiredTri 🖤