→ Newt- What did I do? ←

Third person POV

It was another bonfire for the new greenie, Percy.

All of them were enjoying Gally's moonshine while they eat various foods like corn and bacon. Some of the gladers were watching Gally fight in the circle, the runners were silently eating their dinner by the fire as they were still tired from their run. Some were making music by banging on something.

All in all, it was a great night. These celebrations were a way for them to lean back and relax every month when a new greenie arrives.

On the other hand, Y/N was in her hut earlier than usual, arranging her furniture. Don't get her wrong, she was having fun and all, but she never got to do this one thing she was planning to do since she always forgets about them.

She was always being called for every time she plans on cleaning her whole hut. For instance, she was just about to fold her duvet, until someone calls her to do something around the Glade.

She works as a cook with Frypan. But since Frypan practically cooks almost everything, she finishes her job in a snap. Since she does so, she'd be helping people around.

All she asked for was one day to clean her hut, and now was the time to do that. She had done the sweeping before she attended the bonfire. Now she was just doing the finishing touches.

Y/N didn't even realize it was already late when she finished. All she had to do now was wait for her boyfriend, Newt. She always expected him to come in just a little tipsy and not wasted every time a bonfire happens.

But when she opened the door after she heard a knock, Newt's arms were draped over Minho's and Thomas' shoulder, unconsciously drunk. As usual.

Minho gave a nervous grin at Y/N, who was holding up a grudge. Yes, she was used to it. This might've happened twice already. Yet she was still slightly annoyed whenever it does happen.

"Hey~, Y/N/N." Minho drawled nervously. He maybe sassy and all tough, but he'd be lying if he wasn't intimidated by the girl.

Y/N blinked, unamused. "L-- Look, We're-" she brought her finger up to his lips and shushed him, "Just lay him down on the bed and I'll take care of the rest." She widened her door to make way for them.

The both of them avoided her intimidating gaze at them and did what she told them to do. Y/N waited for them by the door. They walked out, muttering their apologies to her. Y/N was too tired to respond.

Once they were out of her sight, she gently closed the door and walked up to her bed where Newt was. She almost gagged after she got a whiff of the vomit on Newt's sweatshirt. She glared at his unconscious state. She wanted to flick his forehead for getting drunk tonight. But she couldn't since the point of the bonfire was to get boozed up. Not to mention, they only get to do this once a month.

She let out a huff as she took of his shoes and set them aside. Y/N couldn't handle the smell anymore, so she went over and pull off the vomit-covered sweatshirt for her to wash.

However, once she got her hands on the hem of it, a grip on her wrist stopped her. She looked up at him with a frown, "What?" She asked in annoyance.

When she didn't get a reply, she continued to take it off. But Newt pushed her hands away. "What the hell is your buggin' problem?" She hissed.

"Don't touch me." He grumbled. His eyes were still closed.

Y/N rolled her eyes at him, "Why not?"

Once again, she didn't get a response. She let out a groaned in annoyance. You're being really difficult tonight. She internally said to him as she tried lifting his shirt again.

"I said no!" He slurred as he pushed her hands away again.

"Why not? Don't you want clean clothes tomorrow?" Y/N bellowed.

"I don't care! I have a shucking girlfriend and her name's Y/N and I love her too much to cheat on her." He whined. Y/N's frown softened when she realized what was happening; he thinks Y/N's another girl, trying to hook up with him.

The girl smiled faintly when butterflies erupted in her stomach. It was from that moment she knew, she'll be with him until the day they die.

****

The next morning, Newt wake up with an excruciating headache. He found out he was in Y/N's hut, but she isn't beside him. She must've gone to the kitchen by now. He thought to himself.

When he looked at his left, there was a glass of water and aspirin which he gladly took. Now was the time to get ready for Y/N's unlimited nagging.

He was about to get out of the hut and go get himself breakfast, until he found out that his sweatshirt stinks. So he took it off and lend it to the sloppers for them to wash as soon as he got out. All that was covering his torso was his tank top.

Once he arrived at the dining hall, most people were as hungover as him. He fell in line, getting ready for Y/N's ballistic outburst and for the awful breakfast as a punishment.

But when it was his turn to get food, Frypan served him three pancakes with butter and syrup along with black coffee. He was confused and worried. He looked at Frypan with furrowed eyebrows.

"This is a once in a blue moon kind of thing. You should thank your girlfriend. Enjoy it while it lasts." Frypan advised with a smirk.

With that, he left the line with a puzzled face. He sat down on one of the tables and settled himself. Though he was still worried. It was Y/N. His protective girlfriend. Shouldn't she be mad at him for getting wasted last night?

He noticed a piece of paper beside his meal that had a writing that said his name on it. He unfolded the piece of paper and read:

Enjoy your breakfast and have a good morning, Newtie. Love you. x

-Y/N

He smiled faintly as he read the note. He looked up to the kitchen to see Y/N, simply washing the kitchen tools and dishes.

What she did was sweet and all. But it got him thinking,

What did I do to deserve something this good?