→ Newt- Where Could She Be? ←

This was requested by fan74girl sorry for making you wait!

I hope you enjoy it!🖤

≈∞≈∞≈∞≈

Your POV

I sat there with my arms folded, listening to Minho and Nick's announcement for all of us. They said they found a small opening through the walls while they were mapping the maze, saying that it might be a way out.

The downside is, it was too small for them to get themselves in and take a look. At this point, they were trying to figure out a way to do so.

"What if we get someone small enough to fit through?" Alby suggested, "Someone slim, and has flexibility even if it was just a little bit."

It was giving me ideas. It made me ponder over about who were they talking about. It can be Winston.. But I know he wouldn't let them talk him into it. Seeing as he has a fear of the grievers, he wasn't gonna go with it.

Could be Jack. Though he was prone to injuries.
Who could it be?

All of a sudden, the keepers', except for my boyfriend, Newt, had their eyes diverted to me. I don't want to jump into conclusions, but it looked like they chose the same person. Me.

"What?" I asked, acting like I don't know why they were looking at me. I didn't realize I was chewing off a hangnail from my thumb until I retracted my hand back from my lips.

"Y/N, you know what we're talking about. Don't play that oblivious act on us." Minho remarked. He gave me a look as if he was begging me to do so. I am a runner as well after all.

And there is a possibility that it is a way out. We're all desperate to get out of this shithole. So how can I say no?

I was about to accept the task. "She's not going to do it." But Newt, my boyfriend, answered it first. I love him and all, but his protectiveness is getting in my nerves sometimes. When I got my position as a runner, it took him a while to let me be one. Now was one of those times where I know all too well that we're going to have an irrational argument about it. "What do you mean, 'no'?" I shot back.

"No, meaning you're running in your usual route and not going in that bloody hole." He deadpanned, storming off the Council Hall without another word. I couldn't help but scoff before I glanced at Minho and Nick with guilt.
The two of them beckoned me to go after him. Saying that they'll be waiting for my answer tomorrow morning.

And so I did go after Newt. "Newt!" I called out from behind, although he ignored me and kept walking towards the fields. "Come on! At least talk to me about it first!" I eventually caught up with him as I slowed down into a jog.

"What else is there to talk about? A no is a no, Y/N. Get over with it." He shrugged as he went back to picking on the weeds, "Besides, I already let you be a runner. Why can't you be satisfied with that?"

"Newt, this could possibly be a way out. It's my own decision. Why do you always do this?" I rebuked. My hands were balled into fists out of anger. I was getting sick of his attitude.

He didn't even meet my gaze, let alone answer me. "Is it because you're worried about me? Newt, I can take care of myself! I'm capable enough to go out there and find ourselves a way out of this hellhole. Don't you want to be free?" I protested.

He suddenly turned to me harshly with eyes filled with frustration and protectiveness mixed together, "Yeah, I want to be out of here. But what happens if I lose you from looking for a bloody escape, hmm? Do you think it's easy for me to watch you early in the morning, running through those bloody maze doors? You think I found it easy to shake off the fact that you roam around a place where the grievers wander? Guess what, It's not easy, Y/N! It's not easy to watch someone I bloody love too much run off to who knows where!" Once he got his anger out he soon calmed down and his eyes softened. His damn eyes that I couldn't resist, but I have to. "I just don't want to lose you, love. Is that wrong?" He trembled.