67.

✨Y/N✨

About three hours of me sleeping I felt someone tapping my arm. "Hm?" I asked. "They're back" I heard Pepper say as my eyes automatically opened.

I pulled the covers off of me following her downstairs as I seen everyone get off the ship and in a way they looked disappointed. "Where's Steve?" I asked Natasha. "He's in the Ship" She answered. I walked onto the ship as he was just sitting there.

I sat down next to him "What happened?" I asked as he looked over at me.

"He destroyed the stones" Steve said as I automatically just sat there in shock

"He destroyed the stones" Steve said as I automatically just sat there in shock. "So we can't get them back?" I asked lowly looking at my hands. "I don't know" he truthfully said as I nodded wiping the tear that was falling from my eyes before standing up. "Let's get you cleaned up and in the bed it's late" I said as we walked off the ship.

We walked into the building and went upstairs to our room. He got undressed going into the shower as I just sat in the bed with my back against the head board thinking. I eventually started to silently cry to myself.

✨Steve✨

I got out the shower as I dried my body off then wrapped my towel around my torso. I opened the door some seeing Y/N silently cry to herself. I walked out and looked at her "What's wrong?!" I asked concerned as she quickly wiped her tears away and looked back at me like nothing just happened.

She gave me a faint smile but I knew she was hurt behind that smile. "Get dressed so you can go to bed. I know you're tired" she expressed about to get under the covers as I looked at her concerned getting dressed. Especially concerned that she was just crying then smiled at me like nothing just happened.

"No, what's wrong? Why did you just do that?" I asked concerned. "Do what?" She asked with the same smile as I just looked at her and she immediately broke down crying. My face softened as I stood in front of her and wrapped my arms around her body as she cried into my lower chest.

I begun rubbing her back as she continued to cry. She started to finally stop crying and sniffled wiping her tears away. I looked down at her "you okay?" I asked as she nodded wiping her tears away with the sleeve of her jacket. "What's going on?" I asked.

"There's really no way to get those stones back?" She questioned as my face softened and tears started falling from her eyes again. "I don't know, I don't know but as of right now he destroyed them" I said as she let out a breath. "I keep trying to build you up about being hopeful and positive about this whole situation, mean while I'm crying myself" she expressed.

"Right now there's more than one thing bothering me and I don't want to bother you about, I know you're feeling some type of emotion behind the stones being destroyed and you're tired" She started off "so Good night" she said with a hurt smile laying down. "Come on" I said holding my hand out. "Where we going?" She asked. "No woman should ever cry herself to sleep" I said as she grabbed my hand.

I helped her up wrapping her arms around my neck as I placed mine around her waist. "Steve it's like almost three in the morning" she said in a giggle as I smiled. "I don't care" I stated. "There's not even music" She said through a small laugh as she made me smile harder at her. "You want some?" I asked "no everyone's sleep" she stated.

"So what other things are bothering you?" I asked looking down at her. "I've been thinking about the situation with my mother and with all this going on in the world right now she's upset because I choose to date someone who in a way is like my father in that line of work" she started off "it's not necessarily you in general it's the work and the stigma behind you why because of shit that's happened to her in the past" she explained.

"Like does she really not love me because of this? all my life she projected this whole thing of not being with a man like my father almost bringing me up in a way to hate him. All she did was be hard on me, judge me, say some off the wall shit to me, still doing it and stay mad at me" she expressed.

"For one I'm sure your mother loves you, you're her one and only child. She was hard on you because of things she haven't forgiven herself for and things she hasn't got over being with fury. It has nothing to do with you but at the end of the day she's wrong" I explained.

"She'll come around because she's all alone right now she doesn't even have her fiancé with her. She'll eventually come around" I assured rubbing Y/N's back. "But what if she doesn't?" I heard her ask as I took a soft breath before answering.

"You know that I love you, you know that your father loves you, and everybody in this compound loves you. Sometimes you can't use the blood is thicker than water reference" I stated as she looked at me "did I get that reference right?" I asked as she giggled "yes Steve" she said with a smile. "You're going to be okay, loved regardless if She wants to be there for you or not. It's her lost Why would you want someone with negativity all the time pulling you down when you are positive and happy?" I asked as she listened.

"Don't ever think you're not loved. And don't ever think that my problems are bigger than yours because of who I am. You go through things just like I do. You don't have to suffer in silence while trying to be a positive light for everyone else that's a way you develop depression" I explained as she nodded.

"You know If it's one thing I'm always here to comfort you and talk to you" I assured making her smile before we gave each other a hug and I kissed her head. She pulled away from the hug "are you feeling Better?" I questioned "yeah but" she started off "what?" I Asked in a chuckle "I think ice cream will make me feel even more better" she said as I unwrapped my hands from around her then stood up straight. "Come on" I stated as she was smiling big following me downstairs as we went in the kitchen.

I got out two bowls for us making us both bowls of ice cream. I placed some chocolate syrup on hers along with M&m's on it. I handed it to her as she smiled automatically. I sat in front of her as she thanked me. She started eating it beginning to dance as I chuckled watching her. "Happy?"' I stated with a smile as she nodded. "Anything else you want?" I asked.

"Some head maybe" she said as I chuckled "I got you" I said as she smiled to herself eating her ice cream.