21.

✨Y/N✨

I finished pressing out the last part of hair as I was getting ready for church. "Y/N!" I heard my mother yell as I just sighed. "Yes!" I shouted. "You done yet?!" She yelled back as I just sucked my teeth spraying finishing spray on my face then proceeded downstairs with my purse and phone.

"Yes?" I asked as she finally looked at me "Aww you look pretty" she complimented "thank you momma" I said. "What do you need ?" I asked "how's your father?" She asked as I giggled. "Why won't you two just talk?" I questioned.

"Because I'm getting married I just can't call and talk to him" she stated as I just shook my head "you can stop being childish" I said as she placed her hands on her hips. "Says the one who doesn't have a boyfriend at all" she joked as I playfully rolled my eyes. "You're going to be thirty in a couple of days what's your plans?" She questioned as I shrugged.

"Might go to the movies with Tiffany and probably out to eat with her" I said as she giggled "no as far as your future" she brought up. "Well you know I got accepted into Howard university" I brought up. "No child, as far as a man and some kids, you're my only kid and I would love to become a grandmother one day" she expressed as I giggled.

"There's this guy at the church that's coming for dinner he's cute" she expressed excitedly as I placed on a fake smile. "You don't think anyone's going to look at me different because of everything that just happened?" I questioned.

"What you and Captain America saving the world? Nah I don't think so" she sarcastically said as I giggled. "Come on" she said grabbing my hand as we headed to church. They were already in praise and worship as we walked in.

Someone turned and looked at me as they looked shocked then tapped the person next to them as they turned. People turned and looked back at me occasionally giving me smiles as I just stood there awkwardly.

Throughout the service this adorable little black girl next to me kept staring at me as I would occasionally look at her and smile. She finally tapped me as I looked at her "I like your hair" she complimented as I smiled "I like your hair too" I whispered back as her hair was in twists with barrettes and BoBo's along with a bow. She had on a nice bubblegum pink colored dress with white ruffled socks and gold flats along with white stockings and she was so adorable to me.

"I get teased because of my hair" she started off "why?" I asked with a frown as she shrugged.
"well you are the cutest thing too me" I expressed as she smiled showing her one dimple on her cheek making me smile. "Do You know captain America?" She asked as I was about to whisper back but her mother shushed her and apologized to me for her daughter talking to me.

I pulled out my phone and typed in "Yes" on my notes showing it to her as she smiled big at me. Church was soon over as I stood up and the girls mother came to me "I'm sorry about Alana during service" she apologized "no it's fine she's adorable" I said to her as I felt her tap my leg.

"Yes baby?" I asked "can I meet him?" She asked as I smiled "I don't know he's a busy man" I started off as whole bunch of kids started coming towards me along with teenagers. "Y/N tell us what happened" one of the teenagers stated as I was lost for words.

"All of y'all are watching the news?!" I questioned "Nah we seen it on Twitter though" another teenager answered. "Can you tell us please?" A younger kid asked. "Kids, you guys leave this lovely woman alone" I heard behind me as I turned and seen a guy way taller than me due to me being only 5'1 everyone was taller than me.

He had a nice low fade and was a chocolate complexion with nice bright white, straight teeth. He was semi buff through his suit but I knew once he took off the suit it was definitely there.

"Now apologize to Ms. Y/N" he said as they all apologized and I giggled "I'll tell you guys one day just not today" I assured as they smiled walking off. "Thank you" I thanked as he chuckled "no problem" he stated. "You don't remember me huh?" He asked as I smiled and shook my head.

"Alonzo, I was friends with Jason" he started off "ohhh hey" I said. "Yeah I'm sorry about what happened to him" he apologized "he's in a better place now" he expressed "oh so you think hell empty?" I asked as he chuckled.

"I'm sorry about him doing you wrong too" he apologized "I've been out of love with him for a minute so theres no need to apologize" I admitted as he chuckled. "You want to go out for dinner this weekend?" He questioned.

"I actually have a date this weekend, I'm sorry" I apologized as he faintly smiled. "It's okay, don't worry about it" he said as I smiled some and walked out going to the car waiting on my mother.

I swear I'm buying another car as soon as that check clear and I'm getting my place because I can't do it. I thought to myself as my phone vibrated and I seen a text from Steve.

Steve: we tried baking a cake so if you want desert after dinner at your mothers we got some cake.

He texted as I just giggled

Me: okay😂 is it dry?

Steve: I don't know we haven't tried it yet

Me: lol I'll be over there in a minute don't burn
down the house. Baking anything else.

Steve: 😂

And I could tell from that text alone that was his first time ever using an emoji.

My mother ran to the car as I looked at her crazy "did you meet him?!" She questioned "who?" I asked "Alonzo" she said with a big smile. "Yeah but momma right now I'm not interested in no guy" I admitted. "What are you gay because there's women in there too" she expressed.

"Ma what?! Please get in the car" I asked pinching the bridge of my nose. "I don't want you to die lonely" she expressed. "Ma stop he'll come naturally, I'll know when it's the right guy" I assured with a smile.

We went back to the house as she started serving dinner and alonzo was sitting across from me at the table. We talked here and there but honestly I was tired and wanted to meet up with Steve, Sam and Tiffany. 

"Ma I have to go" I said as everyone looked at me. "Where you going?" She asked "it's something important I have to meet up with Tiffany" I lied. "Well be safe" she said as I kissed her cheek.

"Can you take me to the car dealership in the morning?" I questioned as she nodded "yeah baby see you later" she said with a smile as she rubbed my back. I said my goodbyes to everyone and walked out the door going over to Sams place