15.

✨Steve✨

I picked Y/N's unconscious body up as I ran in one of the old base building and hid as I watched Hydra roam around looking for Me and Y/N's bodies. I placed Y/N's unconscious body on one of the bunks as I checked her pulse and watched her breathe.

I shook her body softly as she squeezed her eyes some and groaned. She let out a breath and groaned again as I helped her sit up. She opened her eyes and held her head.

"We can't stay here we need somewhere to go" she started off as she tried to stand up but she lost her balance some. I caught her and picked her up. I peeked out the windows seeing helicopters gone along with lights and SHIELD officers gone.

Y/N tried getting out my arms but I looked down at her. "Let me go, I'm okay" she groaned. "No I got you" i expressed as she just looked at me. "You're okay" I assured as she just looked at me and relaxed. I walked us out back to the truck putting her in on the passengers side of the car.

I got in on the drivers side as she groaned "I need a shower" she expressed as I chuckled "me too, I'll find somewhere for us to clean up" I stated as she nodded. She laid her head back.

"I'm going to need a chiropractor after dealing with you" she joked as we shared a small laugh. "Take a nap we'll be back in Washington in a couple of hours" I stated as she nodded And fell asleep.

I was thinking for the past three hours as we finally made it back to Washington. I drove to Sam's house, I tapped Y/N as she slowly woke up. "Hmm?" She asked. "We're here" I said as she nodded. She reached back and got the book bag with our clothes then we got out the car I took the bag from her carrying it for her as I knocked on the door.

"It's midnight I don't think he's up" Y/N started off as the door opened. "Hey I can't ask you to do this Sam, you got out for a good reason" I started off
" dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in" Sam stated.

"we need a place to lay low" I started off "everyone we know is trying to kill us" Y/N admitted as he opened up his door wider for us to come in. We walked in. "Thank you" Y/N thanked. "You look really rough" Sam said to Y/N as she placed her middle finger up holding her back making us chuckle. "The guest room is right here and the bathroom is in the room. The towels and washcloths are in the bathroom for you two" he explained as
Y/N and I nodded.

I gave her the bag as she thanked me and walked off into the room closing the door. "Thank you again Sam" I said as he handed me a beer. "It's straight what's going on?" He questioned "hydra took over SHIELD, killed Fury and now is trying to kill Y/N and I." I explained. "Why are they trying to kill
Y/N?" Sam questioned.

"She's Fury's daughter" I said as sam's mouth dropped "really?"  He questioned as I nodded.  "But why kill her?" Sam Asked "She's just as powerful as much of a threat as Fury is but, she doesn't know it. She's so smart and her fighting skills are really good" I expressed

"We were in a elevator full of men and she helped me Take care of them like it was nothing." I said as Sam chuckled. "That's what happen when you let someone into your life Steve, it can't always just be you all the time you need friends" Sam explained as I smiled.

"Now what are you two doing as far as sleeping arrangements because there's only one guest room?" Sam asked as we shared a chuckle. "I'll just take the couch" I stated as he got up and came back with a pillow and a comforter.

Sam and I was continuing our conversation for another twenty minutes sharing laughs here and there as Y/N came out interrupting. She was in her sweats and hoodie from earlier at the mall. "I just wanted to say Goodnight and thank you again Sam" she thanked "no problem, night" sam said as she looked at me "you can use the shower now" she informed. "Okay, Goodnight" I said with a faint smile as she gave off a small smile. "Night" she said before going back in the room.

"So how was the trip with just you two?" Sam asked with a smirk as I smirked. "let me freshen up first" I said getting up as I went in the room to see
Y/N watching The news. I got my clothes and got into the shower for about twenty minutes. I got out drying my hair off. I dried my body and started getting dressed in a pair of jeans and white wife beater. I stepped out the bathroom

to see Y/N sitting with her back against the headboard watching the news

to see Y/N sitting with her back against the headboard watching the news. "We're now fugitives" She said staring at the Tv. I grabbed the remote turning it off as she just placed her hands over her face. I sat on the bed next to her as she moved her hands from her face starting to wipe her falling tears.

I looked at her concerned "you alright?" I asked as she nodded. "Yeah I'm fine" she said as I just looked at her and could tell she wasn't okay. I opened my arms as she immediately placed her head on my chest and I held onto her.

"I didn't even get to grieve" she said as I listened and rubbed her back "It seems like he died and I've been on the run ever since" she expressed as I rubbed her back. "I have no home to go back too either" She said in a little snicker through her tears "neither do i" I stated as we shared a small laugh.

She sat up off of my chest and faintly smiled "you should get some sleep" I started off as she nodded "where are you sleeping at?" She asked concerned as I stood up "I got the couch" I said.

Steve you can sleep in here, it's okay we're both grown. after what you did today, you don't need to be sleeping on the couch " she said moving over in the bed some opening space up for me as I looked at her and faintly smiled.

 after what you did today,  you don't need to be sleeping on the couch " she said moving over in  the bed some opening space up for me as I looked at her and faintly smiled

"I'm serious we'll just keep each others backs towards each other and I'll put a pillow in between us" she stated as I chuckled. I got in the bed next to her as we had our backs towards each other and she turned out the lamp.

It was quiet for a moment "psst. Steve" we heard Sam call out making me chuckle to myself. "Sam I'm trying to go to sleep" I said before he said anything that got me kicked out of the bed.

"Want the door closed?" Sam asked "Goodnight Sam" Y/N interrupted as I chuckled to myself.
"Good night I was just trying to make sure you two were comfortable" he said as he gave me a thumbs up before walking off as i chuckled to myself feeling Y/N nudge my arm some.