5.

✨Steve✨

I placed on my workout clothes to get ready to go work out with Sam. I grabbed my keys and phone walking out the door as I seen Y/N closing her door. Her hair was in its natural curly state but it was up in a bun.

I locked the door as she turned "good morning" she said "morning" I stated watching her walk in front of me

I locked the door as she turned "good morning" she said "morning" I stated watching her walk in front of me. I just looked at her body and her attire as she walked in front of me.

She pressed the elevator button as we stood side by side waiting on the elevator

She pressed the elevator button as we stood side by side waiting on the elevator. "Just a question" she started off as I looked at her "why exactly do you go running?" She asked as I raised a brow. "How do you know I run?" I asked before walking into the elevator as she walked in. "When I drive to work I see you" she said as I pressed the button. "Because I want to stay in shape like how you jog on Saturday mornings" I brought up as she looked over at me and I gave off a smirk she just smiled and looked ahead.

She didn't say anything until we reached the lobby floor. "You know usually neighbors don't go out with each other to dinner" she sarcastically said walking out the elevator as I just smirked to myself. I noticed she was upset about something because she was being sarcastic. I walked out of the elevator slowly catching up to her not intentionally as she was about to walk off to her car I finally said something.

"The neighbor should've never suggested dinner or accepted going out to dinner" I sarcastically said as she looked at me and I smirked beginning to jog away. I soon met up with Sam as we were just walking and talking. "Ready for your date tomorrow night?" Sam questioned. "It's not a date" I started off "she called last night and said she has a boyfriend already" I explained.

"You can get that taken care of trust me" Sam said as I chuckled and he laughed "I'm serious, she's feeling you" Sam said as I shook my head. "If she wasn't she would've never took you on your offer to go out tomorrow night" he expressed "boom, mic drop" he said as I chuckled "really?" I asked. "Yeah, in fact, how did you respond to her saying she had a boyfriend?" He asked.

"I shrugged it off and told her I just wanted to get to know my neighbor and it was nothing more" I said. "Did you see her this morning?" Sam asked. "Yeah, what are you trying to say?" I asked. "What was the conversation and atmosphere like?" He asked.
"She said good morning to me and then she started being sarcastic so I started being sarcastic back" I explained.

"Did she smile or smirk while being sarcastic?" Sam asked as I chuckled "yeah" I said. "She's feeling you but she's mad at you" Sam stated as I laughed. "She has a boyfriend" I brought up "it doesn't matter, you have her attention" he stated. "So what do I do to get her to lighten up from what I said last night?" I asked.

"You can't she got to let it go naturally but I say we show up here in the morning because this is the time she's out jogging around" Sam threw out there. "Just to mess with her head a little bit" he added as I chuckle. "She better not hate me for this" I said as Sam looked at me. "Nah she likes it that's why she's sarcastic, she uses sarcasm as another way to flirt" he informed as I looked at him and he patted my back "you got so much to learn Steve" he stated shaking his head.

✨Y/N✨

I walked into work as I seen Tiffany and she automatically smiled. "I've been waiting for you to show, you look beautiful" she expressed as I smiled "thank you" I thanked as I seen Jason do a double take at me. "Oh you look nice or whatever" we heard Jessica say as she then tried to touch my hair but I leaned back some.

"Um no sweetheart you don't touch a black woman's hair" Tiffany said as Jessica giggled. "What is that like black girl code or something?" She asked as Tiffany and I just looked at each other. "No it's just something our mothers taught us when we were younger , you know not to have anyone play in our hair?" I asked as she shook her head.

"It looks nice but you can't wear your hair like that again in this environment, you know it's against policy." She informed "but it's her natural hair you have your natural hair out" Tiffany interrupted "yes but her hair is considered a distraction" Jessica said. "But how exactly? I don't understand" Tiffany said.

"Because it's too black " I simply said "no you know that's not it girl, you know I love black people , I have a black boyfriend and you know you two are my girls" Jessica stated. "That must be the reason why you keep tanning" Tiffany said under her breath as I nudged her. "How about this we do a girls night at your place and give you a make over?" Jessica questioned.

"Jess didn't you wear box braids here once wasn't that distracting?" Tiffany asked "we can wear braids here though it's just the real curly curly-" she started off "kinky?!" Tiffany asked. "Look I'll bring the drinks and the snacks and we'll give you a make over" Jessica said before walking off as Tiffany just looked at me.

"You know I don't like that bitch Y/N" she stated as I giggled. "I really think I look cute how is my hair a distraction?!" I asked Tiffany. "It isn't, she's just pressed because her perm didn't make her hair curly like yours that perm fucked her up" Tiffany said as I giggled and shook my head.

I went through my day and finally 5:00 hit and we were all out.