8.

✨Y/N✨

We went out to a Chinese restaurant ate then just started walking the quiet streets of DC. "Am I technically supposed to be seen with you out here in these streets?" I asked "what do you mean?" He asked in a small laugh. "Make sure no bad guys come and get me, you are captain America" I brought up as he just side eyed me making me laugh.

 "Make sure no bad guys come and get me, you are captain America" I brought up as he just side eyed me making me laugh

"And you have a lot of enemies what if something was to happen to me?" I asked playfully. "What if the joker came out of the sewer and snatched me up?" I questioned "did you just reference batman?" He asked as I giggled.

"They would return you in five minutes Max " he stated as i sucked my teeth "whatever" I stated as he chuckled "I'm just kidding" he expressed as I giggled.

"If you have a boyfriend why are you here with me?" Steve asked "well I wanted to get to know my neighbor" I said as he chuckled and pinched the bridge of his nose. "You can't totally blame that on me you said you have a boyfriend" Steve said as I giggled "I know" I stated "so that's why I pulled the neighbor card" he expressed as I smiled.

"So again why are you here with me instead of your boyfriend?" He asked as I shrugged " because If a man constantly doesn't do right by his woman she eventually finds interest in something else" I said "something else or someone else?" Steve questioned and looked over at me.

"It's depends on the woman" I said with a faint smile. "What is yours?" He asked "well you're old so, the food. I found interest in the Chinese food tonight" I said as he laughed "so I was just food?" He asked as I giggled. "No I'm having fun" I expressed as he chuckled to himself.

"You're seriously not seeing anyone?" I asked out of curiosity. "Yes and please don't bring your friend up again" he asked as I giggled. "I won't I promise" I assured as we shared a laugh. "What was wrong with her?" I started off as he sighed heavily then chuckled looking over at me "I thought maybe she would've caught your eye" I brought up. "She likes to make people feel less than and humiliate them in front of others to feel superior. that's not something I care for, I was bullied before I became this" he explained as I faintly smiled and nodded my head.

"Yeah I completely understand" I expressed "you were bullied?" He questioned shocked. "When I lived in Atlanta I was but when I finally moved back up north I didn't really get messed with" I explained. "What were you bullied for?" Steve questioned. "Just little stuff like my skin complexion, and I was a little nerd but I never really cared because I knew I was cute in my own way" I said with a shrug and a small smile.

"Why Don't you have a wife. kids and the whole shabangabang?" I asked curious as he chuckled. "Because the woman I love is sick and she moved on when I was in the ice" he explained as I looked at him. "Peggy right?" I asked as he looked at me and nodded. "Yeah how do you know about her?" He questioned.

"The internet, she's a beautiful woman" I complimented making him smile. "I'm sorry you couldn't be with her I know that must be hard" I said as he nodded then smiled some. "What about you and your "Boyfriend?"" He questioned air quoting the name "Boyfriend".

"He's my boyfriend we just have issues like any other couple" I started off "like what?" Steve asked looking over at me as we continued walking around.
"He has an issue with me wanting to be in the house more often and it's only because I have work from work to do and I'm about to start school again soon" I informed.

"School for what?" He asked "to become a lawyer, there's too many people out here wrongfully convicted and I can't just sit by and watch" I expressed as Steve smiled "what?" I questioned as he shook his head "no nothing, continue" he stated. "He would say little comments about my hair in the firm I work at and a lot of women like me go through that with school or work environments and I want to be abled to change that" I started off.

"He acts as if I'm a woman who just needs to sit there be pretty and be quiet, he doesn't feel I'm smart enough and don't let me get started on humiliation and I want to show him and any other guy that times has changed and I'm either on the same level as you or smarter than you" I expressed.

"You're an intelligent woman and That's a good plan but yet you're still with him?" Steve asked "well when you're on the verge of thirty and this is someone you've been dating since you were eighteen, you learn to forgive and keep moving for the sake of the relationship to work" I explained.

"Yeah, but you two been together for that long and he hasn't brought up a ring?" He asked as I shrugged "well my birthday is coming up so hopefully he surprises me with one it's not really on my To do list right now" I admitted.

"Kids?" He asked "oh I forgot sperm allergy" he joked making me laugh. "Shut up I do not have one" I stated making him chuckle. "You shouldn't have to change your hair because of your boyfriend that's childish" he brought up.

"I know but my hair puts my job on the line" I stated. "No your boyfriend just has an issue" Steve said as I looked at him. "You think so?" I asked.

"Yes your boyfriend is controlling and wants you to look the way he wants you to look and do what he wants you to do" Steve explained as I looked at him. "And he puts you down because, he knows in the back of his head how beautiful, how powerful you are, how much smarter you are than him and he's scared that one day you'll figure it out and leave him for better" Steve finished explaining as I started thinking and everything made sense.

"Makes sense?" He asked in a chuckle as I giggled "yeah" I said "Jessica works at the same job as your boyfriend too?" He asked as I nodded "watch out for them" he simply said. "Wait why?!" I questioned "they have the same exact issues with you" he expressed as I stopped and looked at him.

"Yeah but Jessica is a white girl she doesn't know better" I said as Steve looked at me. "No she's does, she doesn't do it to Tiffany" Steve brought up as I started realizing things. My phone started ringing as I seen Jason trying to call me.

I silenced my phone "how do you know th-" I started off as he chuckled "I just know" he said making me smile some. We headed back to the apartment and walked upstairs. "What are you doing tomorrow?" Steve asked.

"Church. probably get some work done for the case their working on" I said as we finally made it to the door and we smiled at each other. "Well since you have a boyfriend I guess I'll have stand back" he stated as I giggled "don't stand too far" I said and smirked unlocking my door.

"Goodnight Steve" I said looking at him as he just continued smiling. "Good night" he said  "oh and uh" he started off as I looked at him "do whatever you want when it comes to your body" he added making me smile. I watched him turn some "Steve" I called out as he turned and I hurried to kiss his cheek. I noticed his ears turned red some making me smile
Harder. "Goodnight" I said before going in my apartment and closing the door. I turned with my back against the door and bit my lip.