Locked heart - part 2

" Chidori ... why are you doing this ... " Junpei stared at Minako who struggled to stand up from her wound

" this is nothing " Chidori said " tonight we shall obliterate SEES "

" Minako ! "

At that moment , the other members of SEES arrived at the scene . Yukari hurriedly tended to Minako , while the rest of the team stood between Junpei and Chidori .

" I don't care how many you are , I don't care what you do to me " Chidori yelled at them " Medea can heal all ! "

" Aigis ! Now ! "

" Initiating summoning sequence "

Paladion came charging from behind the team . Chidori thought realized what they were going for , and quickly pulled her evoker to fend off Paladion . However , she was in for a surprise . Instead of attacking her , Paladion charged right at Junpei and knocked him down .

" Junpei ?! " Chidori screamed , and rushed to his side

" got you now ! " Minato twisted her hand and took the evoker away .

" let go of me ! " Chidori shook herself free and rushed toward Junpei . Minato was prepared to stop her if she tried to take the evoker from him , but she instead hurried toward Junpei and sat by his side " Junpei ! Talk to me ! Are you alright ?! "

" what do you think you're doing ? " Minato asked with a sense of purpose " I thought you were going to annihilate SEES tonight , I thought you didn't care if Junpei was hurt ...."

" why did you do that to him ?! " Chidori furiously turned to Minato " you could've killed him ! "

" do you hear yourself ?! " Minato yelled at her " what's it to you if I pulled my sword and stabbed Junpei in the chest , if you actually want to kill us ?! Stop lying to yourself , you clearly care about Junpei ! "

" Chidori ... " Junpei stared at her with confusion " please ... tell me ... why are you doing this ? "

" I ... what I fear most isn't ... death ... I fear ... love ... " Chidori replied reluctantly " when I love something ... or someone ... I know I will lose them ... that's why I joined Strega who only live for the moment "

" Chidori ... are you saying that ... " Minako suddenly felt that she could relate to Chidori more than she thought , and that maybe this could have been the other way around between them . Maybe under different circumstances they could have been friends

" when I'm with you , Junpei , I fear everything ... I fear that something will swipe you away from me ... that my time with you will end ... that I will lose you at some point ... " Chidori wept " I don't want to love you ... I want to hate you ... but no matter how hard I try all I feel is love ! I don't want this !!! "