the Dying Young Man

The twins woke up to find themselves inside the velvet room . In the velvet room , there were Elizabeth and Theodore with a confused look on their faces , and Margaret who was pacing back and forth , very agitated and angry . In the last battle , the twins were pushed to their limit , and tapping into their inner potential released a newfound source of power that they didn't know they had , power that was a shock even to Margaret . However , at the climax of the fight , Margaret yelled at them to stop , telling them that if they were to call a certain Persona in that state , they would die .

" you're finally here ... about time ... " Margaret said impatiently as soon as she noticed the twins , then she furiously turned to her siblings " what is the nature behind that halo of light that enveloped them ? You said it appeared during your fight against them , too ?! Do you not know what it is ?! "

" on the first day of this year, they had awakened to a new power " Theodore replied worriedly " such power that we haven't seen before , but we could see that it was immense , far beyond anything we have ever seen "

" we told them we will study it and inform them of its properties , but our investigation is still ongoing "

" I see ... " Margaret's anger seemed to calm down a little , and she turned to the twins , who had been silently listening . She stared at them intently , as if she was looking into their soul . Finally she broke the silence and said " I have been researching power in its various shapes and forms , and I know of powers that you wouldn't believe exist . You can say that I am more experienced than my siblings in this field , so I can understand your situation better than they can "

" I... I see ... " between the twins , only Minato could respond " and was what you said true , about this power killing us if we use it ? "

"  I admit that even I'm not sure of what this power can do , but when I saw it coursing through you , that was the first thing that I noticed . It may take me more time to understand it, but for now you need to keep in mind that the moment you decide to use this power , you're forfeiting your own life "

The twins couldn't bear to burden their friends with their own fate , and so when they were brought back to the real world , they pretended that Margaret had never said anything about the possibility of their death

The twins couldn't bear to burden their friends with their own fate , and so when they were brought back to the real world , they pretended that Margaret had never said anything about the possibility of their death . It took so much of them to keep a poker face and act normally before their friends , and the two of them barely held on until each of them went to their rooms , before they both began crying silently .

" so ... does that mean ... we don't have a next year ... ? " Minako whispered under her sobs

" I ... I don't know ... " Minato wiped his eyes , but he was met with his sister's teary eyes " but if this power can help us defeat Nyx ... "

" what am I supposed to do ? Tell them that the only way to save the world is by sacrificing my own life ? " Minako sighed " what if I didn't want to ?! What if they didn't want me to ?! I feel selfish ... and I hate this ! ... "