The tower of demise - Part 1

As the clock struck midnight , and as Tartarus emerged for the world to see , the loud and haunting sound of bells tolling could be heard throughout the city . The bells rang twelve times , as if they were heralding the Dark Hour , and announcing the descent of Nyx .

The members of SEES stood before the last door in Tartarus , the door that was said to open on the day Nyx would descend to the world . As expected , the door was wide open , revealing a crystalline stairway that seemed to ascend forevermore . They could hear the ringing of the bells , and they remembered what Ryoji had told them . They only have so much time to make it to the rooftop of Tartarus before Nyx's descent , if they want to fight her . Bravely , they took a step forward , silently praying that they may achieve victory in their fight against the impossible .

The last block of Tartarus was breathtaking, it was like walking through a network of diamonds

The last block of Tartarus was breathtaking, it was like walking through a network of diamonds . It was so fascinating that they stopped in their tracks to look at around , as they were surrounded by crystals from every which way . The structure of the last block wasn't just beautiful , but it was also complicated . Sometimes they had to jump from one berg of crystals to another , sometimes they had to stop just to see where they were going .

" so you decided to fight the impossible , after all "

" what a bunch of idiots "

Takaya and Jin's voice echoed throughout the endless ocean of crystals , seemingly coming from Tartarus itself . The members of SEES stopped in their tracks once again , as they feared that they would he ambushed by those two again , as it had happened in literally every fight between them . However , Takaya and Jin didn't appear , and continued to speak from where no one knew .

" the descent of Nyx ... it is a beautiful scene ... one that worthless vermin like you don't deserve to see . Nay , you wouldn't live long to see it , for these hallways shall be your grave ! "

As the voice faded away , Fuuka quickly warned them that she was sensing a powerful presence near them , just as darkness began emerging from the clear crystal on which they stood , before a huge shadow appeared before them . It was a hulking giant , wielding a sword with one hand and an amulet in the other , the same F.O.E that terrorized them . The members of SEES knew that they had no time to waste fighting weaker shadows when they heard the bells of Tartarus ring once , so their first course of action was to try and escape the shadow . However , when it raised its amulet , a powerful explosive Magidoloan struck them , sending them falling separately , each on one crystal.

" damn ! We don't have time for this ! " Shinjiro groaned

" me and Koromaru will hold it off ! " Ken suggested " the rest of you hurry on ahead ! "

" no ! I won't allow that ! " Minako refused

" this might seem for the best , but it will only encourage them to send more shadows to thin us out ! " Minato realized that splitting up now wouldn't help them " no , we need to defeat it quickly ! If we work together , we should be able to do that ! "