Ken Amada - Part 2

" so ... you chose to go with a spear ? " Minako asked as she looked at the spear in Ken's hand " interesting choice "

" yeah ... I thought it'll make up for my ... short ... ness ... " Ken said , his mind was absent as his eyes stared at Tartarus , which seemed to pierce the sky " how many floors are there in this thing ?! "

" who knows ? We've been exploring it for months and we're still nowhere near the top " Minako looked at the tower with him before turning to him " are you scared ? "

" n—no ! Of course not ! "

" it's not shameful to be scared , Ken . Even heroes get scared " Minako smiled to him to make him feel less tense " still , when we go in there , there's no turning back . If you want to cancel the test , now's your only chance "

" I'm ... I'm sure ... "

" cool ... then let's go ! "

 then let's go ! "

" okay ... please spread around and defeat any shadows you encounter " Fuuka said from within the sphere of her Persona "
...yes ... definitely ... you can count on me "

Minako signed Ken to be quiet as they tiptoed their way toward the teleporter . She was trying to go there without Fuuka noticing them , but she immediately froze in place when she heard Fuuka's gasping . She looked at Fuuka's shocked face with an awkward expression .

" h—hello ... Fuuka ... such a ... happy coincidence ... " Minako tried to played off the situation , but that only made Fuuka more anxious

" Minako-san ?! What're you doing here ?! "

" well ... you see ... " Minako looked at Ken for a second before walking toward Fuuka and whispering to her for a minute , then she backed away and said " that's the gist of it "

" I ... I see ... let me tell Minato—"

" no ! " Minako immediately exclaimed " don't bring my brother into this , just pretend you didn't see us , okay ? "

" b—but ... "

" Fuuka ... please ... if you do what I tell you , I'll do anything you ask of me later ... "

" but Minato-kun will be ... "

" I'll take the blame for it , okay ? If Minato says something to you , I'll be there , and I'm sure Minato will understand "

" Minako-san ... please be careful ... "

" don't worry , I have Ken here with me ! "

" that ... that's right ! " Ken exclaimed " I'll protect Minako-san with my life ! "

——————————————