The Dark Hour

Minato and Minako opened their eyes to find themselves back in the velvet room . And in front of them sat Igor with a satisfied look on his face . The twins were still disoriented , they were still at the effect of the shock of what happened .

" Ah ! Welcome back " Igor said " it seems you fell unconscious after awakening to your power . I see it was Orpheus that heeded your calling "

" So you saw what happened ? " Minako asked

" Yes . It is important that we keep a close eye on our guests to make sure we aid them in the best way possible . I am certain you have many questions , and I will gladly answer them all "

" First , what was that thing that came when we shot ourselves with that gun ?"

" That is the power that you have awakened to . It is called Persona and is the manifestation of your psyche "

" Persona ? "

" Our psyche ? Do you mean our minds ? "

" I think he means our personalities ... You know , Persona as in personality ? "

" That is a part of what determines your Persona . It represents a side of your inner self . Think of it as a mask that protects you as you face many hardships "

" Now that I think about it , that Orpheus did say ' from the sea of thy soul I cometh ' . I guess that's what he meant "

" Precisely . Moreover , your Persona can emerge as you react to external stimuli "

" That gun ? "

" That is correct "

" I guess it really wasn't a real gun "

" However , your power is still weak and undeveloped "

" What do you mean by that ? "

" As you summon your Persona , you channel your inner strength . On your own , that strength is weak . However , with the power of your social links , as in the bonds and emotional ties you forge with others , they will lend you their strength , and as you develop your social links with them , your inner self will develop and grow , enabling you to summon even more powerful Personas to aid you . Please , remember that "

" I will " Minato nodded

" It's complicated , but I'll keep it in mind " Minako said

" Now then , time marches on in your world , and so I should not keep you here any longer . Next time we meet , you'll come here of your own accord , I will introduce you to two more residents of the velvet room and we will inform you of the matter of which we can best assist you . Until then , farewell "

 Until then , farewell "