Deep Breaths By The Shore

The twins laid in their beds after a long day , filled with fun , revelations , conflicts , resolutions and blushing . As Minato got comfortable below the covers , he saw his sister sitting by his bed in the dark room .

" you're trying to give me a scare or something ? " Minato said as he stood back up

" Well ... I was thinking ... " Minako looked serious " these shadows ... the accident ... all of it started ten years ago "

" you're thinking about what Pharos had said , right ? "

" I know our parents had nothing to do with Kirijo , but ... "

" if there was something we needed to know , Mr. Kirijo would have told us " Minato said " what happened ten years ago was an accident "

" yeah ... " Minako nodded , and slowly a smile appeared on her face , before nodding with her usual cheerful tone " yes , you're right . It's just that all this talk about Yukari's father had me thinking about our parents "

" me too , but I'm sure there's no relationship with them . Anyway, we need to rest for—"

" one more thing , Minato " Minako interrupted

" yes ? " Minato noticed that his sister was worried

" please don't think I'm crazy , but for the whole day I felt I was being watched ... "

" what ? " Minato stared at her with a confused look on his face " you felt that , too ? "

The next morning , the twins as well as the girls got up early . In the twins room , Minato noticed that his sister had forgotten her swimsuit , so he turned to her and pointed at it " you forgot this " he said

" oh , we're not gonna go to the beach today " she shrugged " me and the girls are going to the forest "

" why ? "

" you know " Minako laughed sheepishly " sightseeing ? We don't see forests so thick back in Iwatodai ... "

" you're running away from Junpei , aren't you "

" we're not running ! " Minako defensively exclaimed " we just want some ... uh ... variety in our vacation "

" I actually prefer that you don't stick around a pervert like him on the beach " Minato sighed " I'm staying at the beach , myself"

" well , have fun " Minako laughed teasingly " and watch out for inflatable brea—"

" shut up ! " Minato interrupted

" pfft ! Anyway , I'll see you later—"

" about what we talked about last night ... "