Velvet confrontation - Part 2

Entering Tartarus for the first time since weeks , and for the first time on their own , the twins were surprised to see a huge door at the entrance . It was hanging in the air , chained to the pillars and the roof of the entrance . As they reached out to it , the door opened itself to them , as if it was inviting them to step into it .

Walking through the door , the twins found themselves in a crumbling colosseum , with floating buildings in the distance and gysers of blood rising to and falling from high above out of sight . In the center of the colosseum , there was a giant humanoid shadow , with a mask that covered its face and huge sledgehammer clutched by its giant hands . Almost as soon as they entered the colosseum , the giant raised its hammer and roared viciously .

" So this is our target ? "

" It's gotta be the one ! Brace yourself , here it comes ! "

Just as the twins were about to attack the giant , it suddenly roared in pain as something struck it , before falling lifelessly on the ground . The twins couldn't believe their eyes , as they stared at the giant dispersing into a pool of blood . Whatever had struck the giant , it was so strong that it instantly defeated it in one blow , and it was so fast that the twins didn't see it . While the twins were still trying to understand what had happened , their eyes darting around the crumbling colosseum , they suddenly realized the presence of two familiar figures clothed in blue , standing right in front of and behind them .

It was Theodore and Elizabeth

" I have been waiting for you " Elizabeth muttered coldly

" Elizabeth ?! "

" Theo ?! Why are you here ?! "

" You do not need to look so confused , my lady " Theodore smiled to the twins , a smile that felt emotionless " the adversary you were requested to exterminate is standing before you "

" What ?! What ?! You want us to fight you ?! " Minako couldn't believe her ears " then ... Then what about that monster ?!"

" Oh , that little insect ? " Elizabeth said nonchalantly " it wandered here accidentally , and it's not relevant to your quest at all "

" An ... An insect ? " Minako shuddered at the thought of how easy it was for Theodore and Elizabeth to exterminate it 

" Does Igor know about this ? " Minato asked sternly

" We might be Igor's assistants , but not everything about us concerns him "

" We are the governor's of power , and it was our duty to watch over your growth , both in power and heart " Elizabeth continued " However , as we watched you grow and understand your powers , and at times nearly losing your life to their intensity , we started to understand less and less , about ourselves and about our bond with you "

" We are tasked with guiding you to discover your strength and your potential , but whatever you do after that is of no concern for us . However , there were times when we wished we could defy these rules to change your fate , such emotions are new to us , and they are unbecoming of a velvet room resident . You can say that we have sinned "