The final decision

I chooseth this fate of my own free will

Minako Arisato
Minato Arisato

The members of SEES gathered in the lounge , as the time slowly ticked toward midnight

The members of SEES gathered in the lounge , as the time slowly ticked toward midnight . It was December 31st , the promised day , the day they had to make their decision . Either to fight Nyx , the literally incarnation of death , an impossible entity that cannot be fought or defeated , or they could forfeit the right to fight for their lives , for the chance of a blissful and quiet end . Their hearts skipped a beat when the door to the dorm was knocked . Immediately after that , the door was opened , and in came Ryoji . He was covered in snow from the blizzard outside , leaving only a sad smile on his face .

" good evening , everyone " he said solemnly as he entered

" you must be Ryoji ... " Shinjiro commented as he eyed him

" yes ... and I have always heard about you , Shin-chan , was it ? "

" what ?! Who are you calling—?! "

" Ryoji ... his ... his name is Shinjiro ! " Minako anxiously interjected .

The little funny exchange between them helped loosen the tension in the air just a little bit , but it still didn't erase the fact that it was time for them to choose their end . Ryoji sat on the sofa , surrounded by the members of SEES , the ones he had considered his close friends . He stared at them , as if he wanted to anticipate their decision . Their eyes were firm , but they never spoke .

" Aigis ... I'm sorry , for everything ... " Ryoji said as he looked at Aigis who nodded silently in response , then he turned to the rest of the residents " well ... today is the day ... have you made your decision , everyone ? "

" they have no decision to make , Ryoji " Minato replied sternly " the choice is mine and Minako's "

" that's right " Ryoji smiled apathetically " then I will be in your room ... I'll wait for you to finish me . And please don't let the fact that you have to kill me influence your decision , as I was always and will always be a monster "

Ryoji left the lounge and went upstairs for the twins' room . The members of SEES followed him with their saddened eyes , as even though he had told them he was not a human , he still felt like one , and it was still too difficult to think of killing him .

" well ... now's the time ... I'll be going with Minako to our room to end this once and for all " Minato turned to his friends " if anyone wants to object , this is your very last chance to say anything "

" well , I know I'm not objecting " Junpei grinned " I wouldn't be here if I wasn't on board ! "

" well said , for once , Junpei " Yukari nodded " we don't need to think twice after being given an entire month to think , right , Fuuka ? "