A trip to Niseko - Part 2

The seniors of Geggokan quickly followed Akihiko's lead to clear up the snow , behind them their underclassmen descended with Hidetoshi at the lead . Apparently , each class had their excited leader . The sight of the students clearing the road in the cold weather was so motivating , that some left their cars and joined in on the action .

" is that the best you can do , Shinji ?! You're a joke ! "

" Shut up , as far as I'm concerned , I've dug much more than you did ! "

" so you're challenging me , then ?! "

" less talking , more digging ! " Minato interrupted them impatiently , before going back to silently grumbling " I sweat to God , Hidetoshi , I'm gonna ... ! "

The ground below them began trembling , and they feared that they were in for another avalanche . Thankfully that wasn't the case , as big building machines arrived at the scene , including bulldozers and loaders . They began clearing the road faster than anyone could with a pitiful spade . The students glared at Akihiko and Hidetoshi , who remained embarrassedly silent

" what did we have to go through all this tedious bullshit for ?! " Kenji groaned

" don't talk like that , we've set a good example in ... " Hidetoshi started

" we've set a good example in WASTING TIME AND ENERGY !!! If the machines were going to arrive this quickly , why did I have to bust my ass trying to clear this road ?! " Junpei complained

" well , sitting for a long time can be bad for one's health , and moving is important for ... agh ! " Akihiko's exposition was interrupted by Shinjiro hammering him with a spade " what was that for , Shinji ?! "

" shut up ! " Shinjiro bashed him over the head with the spade again " get back into the damn bus before I turn your hollow skull into a goddamn cereal !!! "

" yeah ... let's just go back into the bus already " Minato sighed as he climbed the bus again

The students were tired from the trip and from digging through the snow , and their bodies were aching from head to toe by the time they arrived

The students were tired from the trip and from digging through the snow , and their bodies were aching from head to toe by the time they arrived . Thankfully , the teachers had arranged for them to rest in an hotel , which happened to include hot springs . The only difference was that the hot springs were separated by gender , and the teachers ensured that their students wouldn't make the same mistake they made in Kyoto . While it was freezing outside , the hot springs were so warm and welcoming that the students were eager to get in the steaming ponds and let the exhaustion seep out of their bones .

As Minato let the warm pond tickle his tired limbs , his mind wandered to the last time he was in a hot spring . That was back when Ryoji was just a normal student among them , a time of bliss , of innocence , a time that would never come back . Once again he was reminded of the inevitable , once again he felt his heart sinking . Just as the grim thoughts were taking over him , the commotion of the students around him brought him back to the surface .