F.O.E - part 1

Minako had just finished her training in the tennis club and left . Finally , her club is more like ... a club . Everyone was really fired up , and they were all having fun practicing . At last , the tennis club became more like what she had in mind when she thought about joining a club . As she left the club she ran into Akihiko .

" oh , Minako " he exclaimed " I've been looking for you "

" senpai ... how can I help you ? "

" I went to the hospital today to have my injuries checked , I think they healed up pretty well . If the doctor gives the okay , I'll be back to the front lines . I'm looking forward to fighting by you underclassmen's side. I wanted to tell your brother , too , but I guess he left school early today "

" you're joining us again , senpai ? That's great ! " Minako exclaimed happily , but then she felt a sudden chill run down her spine and her body slightly shivered in place " I'm ... I'm looking forward to it , too ! "

" anyway , are you free ? I thought we could go for a beef bowl at Umiushi , we need to keep our bodies health for the upcoming battles , and protein packed meals are the perfect way to ... "

While Akihiko was absorbed in his own topic , Minako could feel devilish eyes glaring at her from all directions . They were so sharply glaring at her that she felt daggers slashing across her arms and legs . That feeling was very familiar , and she especially didn't like how familiar it was . She shouldn't be here .

" I'd love to go with you senpai " Minako opted for a tactical retreat " but I've just been through one intense workout in the tennis club "

" well , that's all the more reason to go to Umiushi to boost your stamina . After all ... "

" I know ... I'd definitely go there sometime . Maybe we'd go together then , but now I'm tired . I should rest up so I'd be ready when the doctor allows you to rejoin the team , right ? "

" that's true . I guess we'd go some other time , then "

" sure ! "

Minako left the place as fast as she could without coming out as rude or insensitive . She remembered the flock of girls that would buzz around Akihiko every morning , and she hoped she didn't stay long enough for them to actually consider her a threat .

 She remembered the flock of girls that would buzz around Akihiko every morning , and she hoped she didn't stay long enough for them to actually consider her a threat

Minako woke up early the following day . It was Sunday so they didn't have to go to school , but still she felt that her brother was acting unusually lazy . She approached his blanket and tapped on it to wake him up , but then she realized he was already awake .

" good morning , bro bro ! " Minako chirped

" morning ... " Minato groaned in a muffled voice

Something about him seemed off . He kept his whole body under the blanket , with only his eyes out . His voice sounded different , too . What really affirmed the idea in Minako's mind , however , was when her brother let three explosive sneezes below the blanket before groaning again.