Farewell , Ryoji

Ryoji returned to the lounge along with the twins . The grim look on the faces of everyone had changed to happy faces when they saw him descend into the lounge with the twins behind him . Ryoji sighed as he sat among them , thinking about how they would have to face Nyx now that they decided to spare him .

" yo ! What's up , Ryoji ? " Junpei greeted him casually

" why ... " Ryoji muttered " why are you doing this ... Nyx can't be defeated ... so why ... "

" we know ... but we still want to try ... " Mitsuru said firmly " the Dark Hour had been our life for a long time , for some it's as long as we remember . We've dedicated our lives and families to see it through , and quitting now would betray all those efforts "

" we've come so far and learned so much in the darkness of the Dark Hour , and we don't want to forget it all " Ken said eagerly

" I'm sorry that your life had go like this ... because of me ... " Ryoji sighed " there's still some time until the Dark Hour begins , and when that happens I will transform into something unrecognizable . In the time I have left , I want to help you as much as I can ... if facing Nyx is what you all want , then the only  thing I can do is tell you where to find her "

" Ryoji ... " the twins felt hurt by Ryoji's words , and how he was going to disappear from their life soon . They found herself focusing her gaze on him , knowing that this was the last time they was ever going to see him .

" a month from now , on January 31st , Nyx will descend into this world , bringing with her the end of life " Ryoji explained " the roof of Tartarus will be her seat , and I will herald her return

" a month from now , on January 31st , Nyx will descend into this world , bringing with her the end of life " Ryoji explained " the roof of Tartarus will be her seat , and I will herald her return . If you want to find her , you will have to reach the roof of Tartarus on January 31st "

" the roof of Tartarus ? The path there was blocked " Junpei thought

" if I recall correctly , there was something written on the gate ... " Yukari replied " about how the door will be opened when the world ends ... I think it means Nyx "

" so we have to make our ascension there , right ? No problem " Akihiko said with determination

" that's not all ... " Ryoji said grimly " when Nyx arrives at the roof of Tartarus , humans will forfeit their will to live . If you want to face Nyx , you'll have to be there by the time she arrives . The sound of the clock tower at the top floors of Tartarus would signal how much time you have left , and you only have twelve strokes of the bells worth of time to reach her . Admittedly , they are slow , but you have to keep in mind that time is not on your side "

" what about Strega ? " Shinjiro asked sternly " that bastard Takaya said he would be waiting for us in the final floors "

" Strega ? Who are those ? " oddly enough , Ryoji didn't seem to recognize them

" you don't know them , Ryoji ? " Fuuka asked with a puzzled expression " their leader , Takaya , made it seem like he would herald the descent of Nyx along with you "