Trapped - part 1

As the twins descended into the lounge early in the morning , they saw every member of SEES in the lounge , with the exception of Ken who was still sleeping . The morning program was interrupted to report the rise of Apathy Syndrome , coupled with the fact that some of the patients froze in the middle of the traffic and nearly caused accidents .

" I've been thinking " Yukari pondered " what would happen if we fail to stop the shadow that appears on the night of a full moon ? "

" the world will end , obviously " Junpei answered

" can I get a smarter answer , please ? " Yukari rolled her eyes

" well ... the closest assumption we can conclude is that the Apathy Syndrome will continue to rise even more " Mitsuru thought

" I have conducted a stimulation of the future in accordance with the continuous rise of Apathy Syndrome " Aigis responded " patients who suffer from Apathy Syndrome are crippling society due to their lack of will to participate in any activity , they consequently do not work , study or contribute to any benefit to society . Moreover , relatives of those patients are forced to care for them as a result of their lack of will to live . I estimate that , within a year of continuous rise , the economy of Japan will plummet and the country may fall into chaos "

" this is scary ! " Fuuka shook her head in dismay

" yeah ... " Junpei nodded " if the economy falls , how will I go to the market and shop for my movie night every Saturday ? "

" the problem is much bigger than that ... does that mean other countries will try to take advantage of it ? " Minato thought " or is this happening in other countries , too ... "

" there's a lot of pressure on us to succeed ... " Yukari sighed

" you don't need to feel discouraged , guys ! " Minako cheered her team up " I mean we've defeated those shadows four times so far , and even though they're getting stronger , so are we . I'd say we got the hang of this shadow exterminating business ! "

" anyway " Mitsuru stood up " it's a full moon tonight , so I suggest you conserve your strength . We'll meet in the computer room at midnight to discuss this "

The Dark Hour has come , and indeed Fuuka managed to detect a strong presence at the north of Iwatodai

The Dark Hour has come , and indeed Fuuka managed to detect a strong presence at the north of Iwatodai . She sensed a shadow buried underground in an abandoned facility .

" I conclude the shadow is inside a military base " Aigis noted

" military ... there's a military base in there ? " Akihiko thought

" yes , that is correct "

" Aigis had geographic data downloaded in her memory bank when she was manufactured " the chairman explained " granted , the data hasn't been updated in a while so it's possible that the base is abandoned "