one

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙  ˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

Eli stared at the carpet floor, the tall child resisting the urge to pick at the material under her feet. Instead, the 9-year-old just held on tightly to her baby brother. 

Looking down at him, she couldn't help but smile as a rush of warmth flooding her cheeks looking at him. He cooed, a small giggle coming from his lips as his chubby arms felt her face up and down.

They both had the same brilliant green eyes, yet Izuku's were brighter which made her smile. They both had green hair, but Eli's curls were tighter, with the same face full of freckles except for the fact that Izuku had a tan tint to his skin while Eli was simply brown. 

In all honesty, it's amazing that they look so similar, to begin with, especially since they were not full siblings. Actually, they weren't siblings at all, they were in fact cousins even if that fact didn't matter to the girl.

Eli was taken in 3 years ago by Hisashi and Inko when her mother, Inko's sister, and father died. She was 6 when it happened, and she couldn't really remember how and what happened to them, but she was happy to be away from them.

She calmed as the small fingers poked at her cheeks before grinning at the boy, pondering on whether or not he'd have an emotion-based quirk because even at 9 months old he was able to do just one, one little thing that would cheer her up.

Footsteps were heard, hard ones.

In a burst of panic, she moved as silently as she could in their shared room, quietly opening their closet door and closing it. She sat once more, crossing her legs as she continued to hold on to the small boy tightly.

"Wait, Hisashi, no please, don't leave!" she heard her mom yell as she cried.

Shuffling was heard from the room over, their parent room. She heard things fall, loudly, and strings of curses fly out of her Dad's mouth as things moved around. Her chest felt hollow hearing all the commotion, her breathing picking up.

Eli leaned her head back, it hitting the closet wall lightly making her tense before she realized that it was unlikely such a small thing was heard over their incessant yelling. Still, she tried to stay quiet, not wanting her or her brother to be caught up in whatever was going on now.

It wasn't long before hard footsteps were heard again, followed by a smack before the sound of a door slamming was heard.

She looked down at Izuku, who was still staring up at her with stars in his eyes, his smile easily rivaling the sun. This alone making tears begin to prick her eyes.

Hisashi was abusive, that much Eli knew, she'd even felt it once for goodness sake, though it was nowhere near as bad as what her mother did to her before she lived here.