nineteen

Shigaraki watched the TV screen with a curious look in his eye. 

In front of him, the cameras of the Sports Festival panned to the woman he'd encountered at USJ, with a girl on her shoulders as they cheered. 

Shigaraki couldn't get her out of his head. And he wasn't sure if it was because she agreed with him. After all, she caught 2 of the bullets shot at him, or if it was because she was simply... breathtaking. He remembered how easily she defeated his Nomu and protected All Might from it for fucks sake. 

He had a small theory about her Quirk but didn't want to make any assumptions, and his Sensei had told him if handled carefully, she could be a vital player in his game. 

Shigaraki wasn't even sure if he wanted that. 

He sneered, rolling his eyes at her display of affection towards a particular group of students, before standing up abruptly from his computer screen and leaving his room. 

His fingers twitched in irritation, and he couldn't help bringing up his hand to scratch his neck with 3 fingers. Walking towards the bar where Kurogiri stood, calmly polishing a glass, Shigaraki sat down and glared quietly at the counter. 

"The information broker found what you were looking for," Kurogiri spoke, pulling a thick file from underneath the bar and putting it on the table in front of Shigaraki. 

"Is this all of it?" Shigraraki asked, a huff of a sigh leaving his body as he irritably placed his elbow on the counter, holding his head up with 2 fingers. 

"Yes," Kurogiri nodded. 

"Did you read it?" Shigaraki asked. 

"Yes," he answered. 

"And?" Shigaraki asked. 

"It is... quite the tragedy I believe," Kurogiri said placing the polished glass with the others before picking up another and beginning the process again.

Shigaraki scowled, having to resist the urge to roll his eyes as his elbow shifted, and he began to incessantly scratch his neck once more. He then wasted no time in flipping the file open and seeing the picture of a young woman, the Strength Hero: Kinetic popped up. 

"Taken in by Inko and Hisashi Midoriya at age 6 blah, blah, blah, Hisashi leaves, Inko dies, and she goes on to take care of Hitoshi and Izuku Midoriya, whatever whatever," Shigaraki reads out before letting out an irritated huff as he closed the files and slid them away. 

"Why is there nothing on her before she turned 6?" Shigaraki grunted, an irritated twinge in his voice as he looked over at Kurogiri. 

"She was too young to cover it up, and even if she erased it all when she got older, there would still be a bread crumb trail," Kurogiri told him. 

"So what, you're saying that she didn't exist before she turned 6?" Shigaraki asked, still scratching at his neck as he tried to think things through. 

"Maybe look deeper into the Midoriya family see what you find," Kurogiri suggested, calmy polishing his glasses. After years, he was used to this kind of behavior, childish behavior. 

"Yes... but for now, have somebody keep an eye on her, find her routes, and whatnot," Shigaraki ordered, and Kurogiri nodded. Shigaraki was about to walk off, but Kurogiri spoke up, stopping him. 

"It may... be in our best interest to find the villain, known as Dabi. Maybe he can be one of your... players," Kurogiri said, a suggestive tone in his voice. 

Glancing back at him, Shigaraki nodded with a small smirk on his face before retreating to his room where he'd continue his scheming and plotting as he watched the UA Sports Festival.