seventeen

It'd been a week since Shouta had announced the Sports Festival, and now Eli was sitting at her desk in the Development Studio looking through the designs that Mei had sent her about a rocket, she was building. 

Eli couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's resolve, especially since she'd been present enough to know that Power Loader had asked her time and time again to stop trying to build rockets. It kind of reminded Eli of herself, with all the reckless inventing and having to fireproof their work clothes so that they never accidentally killed themselves by setting their clothes on fire.

She thought to ask the young girl to be her mentee, kind of like how Hitoshi was to Shouta.

Hitoshi was very excited when Eli told him about Shouta wanting to train him in the art of his scarf wielding, and Eli was happy to make the boy a scarf of his own after she'd gotten on him about still not having a proper hero costume, and that he couldn't use his gym suit forever.

Mezo was on the small couch in her office reading, having taken her offer to spend time in her office as a safe space whenever he didn't want to wear his mask. Turns out the corners of his mouth were simply stretched out, giving him a huge smile.

One that tended to scare children. So, Eli took the time to make him a much more comfortable mask, less itchy. It was only a temporary solution though since she wanted him to know that his smile was nothing to be ashamed of. 

Toga, who got well acquainted with Eli and her brothers, was actually sitting right beside her wearing the new clothes Eli had she and her brother go out and buy. She'd gotten authorization to take Toga along with her to school since not only did Toga not have anywhere to go, but because she liked being with Eli.

In fact, she liked the entire household, even Katsuki to whom she liked to be with because she thought his explosive nature was rather funny and exciting.

They didn't really ask about her life, mostly because they didn't want to push her too much, figuring they'd give her more time to get situated with them. On a positive note though, she didn't walk around with a knife anymore and even had taken to giving all of them impromptu hugs.

"Eli-chan, have you ever had a sister?" Toga asked. Eli bit her lips to stop herself from chuckling before looking at the girl shaking her head.

"Not that I know of, why do you ask?" Eli asked her as she turned her eyes back to the paper before her.

"Because you need a sister! You're always surrounded by boys," Toga said dramatically waving her hands in the air. Eli chuckled and simply agreed with her.

"I guess I am surrounded by boys huh? Well, there's always you," Eli offered casually before sketching in a line on a copy of Mei's designs, and writing a small note beside it.

"Me?! Really?! You mean it?!" Toga screeched, bringing her hands up to her wide grin.

"I don't see why not. I told you, you could stay as long as you wanted. I like you so if you want to be my little sister, you can be in any way you want to," Eli told her as she blew away some eraser shavings from her paper.

"Plus, the boys really like you too. Ahh, that reminds me, I should introduce you to Shoto, he's in my class,"  Eli continued casually, rubbing her hand under her chin comically.

A squeal was heard as Toga threw herself at Eli making Mezo jump in surprise as he removed his headphones and looked at the two curiously. 

After many years of practice, Eli caught her with a huff of surprise, the unexpected force making the chair fall back ending up with both of them hitting the ground, but luckily Eli had reacted and lifted Toga so that she didn't hit the ground.