thirty-two

***ik the format and tone of the book changes a bit here and there and i want to say i'm sorry bc i go through a lot of emotions in between writing this book and sometimes it affects how the characters would typically act. 

sorry about that, but then again, i like to think it gives them more character idk

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙ ˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

Izuku woke up first, rubbing his eye tiredly as he yawned. Normally, he'd go out and have an early morning run with Hitoshi or maybe Katsuki, but he wasn't particularly in the mood today. He was tired, but he didn't want to hold it against himself. 

He figured he'd get enough training in this before dinner when their friends came by for knives practice in their backyard. 

Plus, it was a good night for him, no nightmares about the catastrophe that was middle school, and he was able to fall asleep rather easily so it was all an A in his book. 

Looking over at the time, he sighed as he saw that it said 5:48 am. 

Slapping his cheeks lightly, he felt a shiver go up his spine before he threw on a nearby hoodie and some socks from his dresser before he left the room. 

He figured he'd make a pot of coffee at least if it hadn't already been made by Hitoshi that is.

Though, as he walked down the stairs he began to hear soft clattering and quiet shuffling. He quirked an eyebrow, curious. 

He knew the barrier was up and functioning and his sister hadn't gone on patrol last night either. Come to think of it, she hadn't been going on patrol lately. 

Izuku pondered this for only a second before heading towards the kitchen, where the noise was coming from. Peaking around the corner, he saw Eli wiping down the counter calmly. She had on some headphones and was adorned in a large shirt that hung off one of her shoulders, and some cotton sleep shorts, fuzzy socks on her feet as she moved around the room cleaning. 

Izuku watched her for only a second, curious as to why she was up so early, and why she was cleaning. Not to mention the mess of papers on the kitchen table. 

She had some small bags under her eyes, but other than that, she looked pretty okay. 

Something was off though, Izuku could feel it, and admit his pondering, he caught himself muttering. Well, he didn't catch himself, Eli did. 

"Izu?" she called, moving one of her headphones and looking at him curiously, seeing his small blush from being caught. 

"Are you alright, you're not sick right?" she asked. 

Concern instantly washed over her features, walking over to him to touch his forehead, making Izuku raise his eyebrows in surprise before he brought his hands up to take her wrist and shake his head. 

"No, but uh-" Izuku trailed off, looking at her with worried eyes as he peeked over her shoulder to look at the shining kitchen, turned around to look at the spotless living room, and the messy kitchen table. 

"Oh!" she said before breathing a sigh of relief and dropping her hands. 

"I, uh, had some trouble sleeping, so I started cleaning," she told him, rubbing her cold arms a bit before she shivered a little, giving the boy a smile as she rubbed the back of her neck.