twenty-two

Eli sat in a nice, quaint living room. She sat atop a yellow couch, a matching chair to her right with a nice brown wooden coffee table, a tea set out on top, and a white fluffy rug underneath. Plants covered the living room, some long vines falling from shelves on the walls. 

Natsuo Todoroki sat on the chair. 

The sun shined from a nice angle into the living room, highlight the cream-colored swirly wallpaper. There was a TV a bit in front of the coffee table, framed with the vines of the plants, and 2 large plants sitting on either side. 

"Excuse me, I almost thought I was out of sugar cubes," said the women kindly. 

Eli looked over to see Fuyumi Todoroki walking from her kitchen to sit on the other side of the couch. 

"Oh, no need for any of that, it's fine," Eli told her with a nod. 

Today marked the day the days off from the Sports Festival were over and the start back of school, and the first day of the term when she just wouldn't be there, well, not until she went to pick them up later today.

Himiko had accompanied them to school. Though she wanted to go with Eli, Eli had to do this one by herself. 

"You're a TA at U.A, right? Is this about Shoto?" Fuyumi asked making Natsuo sit up straighter

"A-ah yes," Eli said nervously, wondering if Shoto had told her about her since she never told her about her being a TA. 

"Oh, I saw you on TV during the Sports Festival," Fuyumi told her, making her oh, and nod with a small smile. 

"Yes, this is about Shoto, but this isn't school-related," Eli said waving her hands up. Inwardly sighing, she thought back to the times she rehearsed this in her head. 

I mean she wasn't exactly sure if either of them were completely aware, and if they were she hoped they didn't truly understand the gravity of the situation. And she didn't know how to explain to Shoto's sister and brother exactly how and why she and Shoto were like siblings. 

"Listen, I'm going to be straight with you both, but I'm filing a lawsuit against your father, Endeavour, for child abuse and neglect over legal custody of Shoto," Eli told her straightly. 

The woman stiffened as she looked at her, a look of pure terror in her eye.

"W-what?" she stuttered out. Looking over she saw Natsuo had frozen as well, now staring at the cup of tea in his hands with a hard look. 

"I don't know if this is going to make sense, but I've known your younger brother a little over 8 years, and I was recently let on to what exactly was going on with him at home a little over a week ago. When I was told, um when I got to Shoto's house he was... covered in bruises. My siblings, uh his friends, and I got him out and he's been staying with us," she explained. 

"But, I needed to talk to you two along with your mother first in order to proceed. You are his siblings, so consulting you is a must," Eli told them with a small bow of her head. 

"I-I'm sorry, I think we just need a minute to process this," Natsuo spoke up, and Eli gave them an understanding, sad nod. 

"I'm sorry for putting it so plainly. I-I wasn't sure how to go about this... maybe- maybe we can continue another day?" Eli offered kindly, even though she wanted this done now. 

"N-no, no, it's fine. I-I just hadn't realized that it hadn't gotten so bad, I-I... I knew about his training, but I wasn't aware-" Fuyumi tried, but she was cut off by the choked-up sound from her throat.