twenty-four

Eli sighed as she drove to U.A high school, fresh out of a meeting at the police station with Detective Tsukauchi regarding Rei Todoroki and the flash drive she'd given him to test for any tampering, to which none was found. 

A plan was being set into motion to get Rei out of that hospital, and give her the independence to make her own decisions. 

It'd take a while to get all the necessary paperwork done, along with proving that the reason she was in there in the first place was because of Endeavour, but some progress was better than non. 

The meeting was shorter than she thought, and luckily that meant that she wouldn't be late today. She had honestly planned to go to the meeting, go home, and probably pass out somewhere before going to tinker with some unfinished work. But no, because according to Izuku, the kids were all pretty upset at her not being there.

Eli laughed at that before she found herself parked outside the school, her boots hitting the ground beneath her, heeled black boots that gave her 2-4 inches. She grabbed her bag and peered at her phone to see she had roughly 10 minutes before class started. She grabbed some paperwork she knew she had to do, along with her bag that had her laptop in it before she made her way into the school. 

It wasn't long before she'd made it to the class, huffing tiredly as she slid the door open.

"Goodmorning-" she tried but unfortunately she couldn't get the word out before she had 2 familiar holds on her arms. 

"Eli-sensei?!!" she heard them cheer making her chuckle. 

"Hello, everyone," she said with a small smile. 

"Senseiii, where were you," Mina drawled out. 

"Have you watched the news lately?" Eli asked with a small chuckle. 

"Eli-sensei! This is the first time we've seen you in normal clothes," Sero said with a wide smile, making many turn to what she was wearing. 

"You look so cool," Ochaco said touching her cheeks and a wide smile. 

"You were cooler at the Sports Festival, all those rocks and you didn't even get sick," Eli said, patting Ochaco on the head, a kind smile on her face to the girl she knew was kind of bummed out by losing to Katsuki. 

"Is that an Iniko keychain? Oh, I love them!" Jirou said excitedly as she stared at the keychain dangling by her side. 

"Really, they're great aren't they?" Eli said with a grin. 

"Eli-sensei, I truly do hope you got lots of rest during our small break," Momo said with a small, kind smile. 

"Agh, Yaomomo thank you. I really appreciate that," Eli replied, a kind smile still on her face. 

"Class," Shouta interrupted causing the wind to fly by Eli's body before she looked to see every student in their seat, making her have to suppress a laugh as she looked at Shouta. 

"It's a good thing you're here a day early. Class, before you chose your internships, we're going to be assessing your individual strength and weaknesses, and afterward, you were going to decide whether or not to talk to Power Loader about it today, but since Eli is here, you'll talk about it with her if you chose," Shouta explained. 

"I understand that she has helped many of you with Support Items for your Quirks already, but this is something we must do as a class. Also, it would be best to make the most use of your time with your internships having already known what you need to work on," Shouta explained thoroughly. 

"It wouldn't hurt to just text me before you create lesson plans with my name on it and I'm not even supposed to be here," Eli mumbled, rolling her eyes a bit making Shouta almost smile at her slight annoyance.