fifty-five

(pls excuse and grammar or spelling mistakes, I've been writing papers for 4 months)

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙ ˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

Tenko and Kota Midoriya.

Sitting in a hospital bed was the last place Eli wanted to conduct such a thing, but with Shino (Mandalay) visiting for the weekend before Kota starts school, it made the most sense since Eli had forgotten time and time again that Kota, legally, was only staying with her.

Luckily, Shino had no issues with it.

"I just still can't believe it, you've really turned him around," she said telepathically, staring at the young boy who was curled up beside Eli on the hospital bed while forcibly holding her hand to his chest.

Tenko was weighed at about 14lb flat, just barely short of the average weight of a 3-month-old. Despite this, the doctors said he was healthy, which was evident given that he was currently guzzling down milk without a care in the world.

They told her breast milk would be better but given Eli's situation, it wasn't even an option since milk-inducing hormone medicine had to be done months in advance. By the time she would actually start to produce milk, Tenko would be off to eating actual food.

"Yea, I don't know what I did exactly but-" she was cut short by Shino invading her thoughts once more.

"You loved him. That's all he needed. Thank you Eli-chan, you've done what I was too scared to even try," Shino thought, looking toward her with a grateful smile.

Wrenching her hand away from Kota, Eli held it out to Shino, who took it with teary eyes.

"Oh, no I was scared alright. I was terrified actually, because well, look at him" Eli said, a kind smile on her lips as one tear slid down her face, staring at the small boy. 

"He's so small and I hadn't had a baby this small since," Eli breathed a chuckle as she brushed some hair from his face. 

"Since I was, what 15? I turn 25 this year. It's been almost 10 years, but, this one, he's special somehow. I've never been 'Mama', so this is it really means something to me so thank you," she said, looking up at Shino with a kind smile. 

"But, you've got to start coming around more, Kota misses you, and I'm always looking to expand the family," Eli said, peaking down at Tenko who was nearly done with the bottle.

Shino nodded, sniffling which made Eli chuckle.

Then the hospital doors slid open.

"Okay let's see, we've got diapers and wipes. There were a lot of moms at the store so they helped us with all the stuff we were confused about. Um, we got him these teething wrings too-" Izuku began to list off. He had a smile on his face, a faltering smile.

Squinting her eyes, she looked at him curiously before deciding it was best to leave it for later.

"The Auntie at the store said she smashes fruits and freezes them with it too," Shoto said.

"We also got him 3-6 and 6-12 months old pajamas. He's a baby, where is he dressing up to go?" Hitoshi said, looking at the baby with curious yet cautious eyes.

Eli smiled heartily before scooting over and offering the baby to him.

"Oh, no, no, what if I drop it," Hitoshi fret.

'It, pfft' Eli laughed inwardly. 

"You won't," she told him simply before she secured his little blanket and handed him slowly to Hitoshi.