forty-three

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙ ˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

The day before all the student's departure to training camp, Aizawa Shouta had something very important to ask of Eli. Actually, it was something to ask of her and her new companions. So, one late night, the three were sat in Shouta's office, in their pajamas. 

"So, what's this all about Sho?" she asked as she resisted the urge to scratch as the saniderm on her back began to itch. (a/n--> in case you don't know, saniderm is like this plastic saran wrap they put on fresh tattoos, and you reapply it for a certain time depending on the size of the tattoo)

She and Shouta hadn't actually talked in a while, for the man had been working a case for as long as she'd been working on Shoto's, so he'd been quite busy. Eli couldn't complain because even when they got busy, it never changed their friendship. 

Plus, everyone gets busy sometimes.  

Shouta sighed, rubbing his face tiredly as he pulled a thick-ish file out of his desk and slid it towards them. Keigo reached for it first and his eyes widened as he saw the picture and name on it. 

Eli instantly sat up straighter as she saw the name, and even Touya leaned over in interest. 

Kai Chisaki aka Overhaul. 

"Oh this son of a bitch," Touya said as he leaned over Eli to see the file Keigo was holding. 

Kai Chisaki was the known leader of the Yakuza group, the Shie Hassaikai. 

The Yakuza had fallen from their former glory during All Might's rise in stardom and had been pushed to the shadows of the underworld soon after, but it was no surprise that they kept up their criminal proceedings as covertly as possible, for they knew they were being watched. 

The name 'Yakuza' had a strong sentiment, and still does, so many were wary of them despite their loss of power, so the fear factor alone kept their organization going. 

Touya had been up close and personal to them, for he'd ended one of their members long, long ago and was on their radar for a bit after that. He almost smirked as he thought about it, it seemed like such a long time ago, but he remembered it like it was yesterday. 

He remembered the car pile-up on the news, and even worse he remembered hugging Eli as she mourned her mother's death from the said car crash. All for just over half a million fucking yen (about 5,000 US dollars). 

The asshole was laying low in some old motel when Touya found him. He remembered asking him a couple of questions, just to make sure this was the right guy. He pretended to be somebody the Yakuza sent to check on his future victim and once he knew it was the right guy, he burned him where he stood. 

Eli grinned a little as she looked at the file. 

Because of their standing, nobody could touch the Yakuza, legally.