forty-two

** you guys gotta be off the ketmanine bc we almost at 60k when i was just thanking yall for almost getting to 50k lmaoooo --> bitch why when i started writing this, this was true, now we had like 72k, brb, i'm sobbing in the corner  (excuse any spelling/grammar errors pls)

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙ ˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙

The trip back home was uneventful, for the children. 

Exhausted, every single one of them was passed out in their respective plane seats. It was a small plane, secured by Eli, Toshinori, and Keigo, big enough to seat all of the students that'd gone to the island. 

They couldn't risk any more surprise attacks, and even though the kids could hold their own, it still wasn't worth the risk. Toshinori although, stayed on I-Island a little longer in order to ensure David and Melissa's wellbeing. 

Despite their long years of friendship, Toshinori knew what the man had done was wrong. All to save his own life, without the knowledge that Toshinori already had a successor. 

Izuku. 

Eli sighed in her seat, closing the small sliding door for privacy as she sighed. Keigo was sat beside her, and Touya was on the other side. The plane had train-like seats, allowing them all to sit together and collectively worry about what'd happened, and what could. 

"Any thoughts about how this seems weird?" Touya finally spoke up, making Eli look over at him with a sigh, nodding to herself. In her lap was Kota, who clung to her like glue, passed out from the stress of the last couple of hours. 

"We already know Shield-san didn't say anything about you," Keigo noted. 

Quietly Eli contemplated. She thought back to the letter he'd sent her, inviting her to I-Island. She hadn't second-guessed it then, but looking back maybe she should have. She'd have to look at it again when they got home. 

"Somebody else wanted me on that island... I don't know who, but they've got to know what they're dealing with if they knew exactly who to look for, not to mention the cancellation collar they put on me," Eli said, making both men look at each other before looking at her in worry. 

So sighing, she shuffled a bit, adjusting herself in her seat. 

"Let's not talk about this now, I'll--" Eli was cut off by the sound of a small whoosh of fire alerting her.  

Stunned, she looked up and saw Touya giving her a certain look. 

"I'll? E, anybody strong enough to come after you on I-fucking-island isn't somebody you alone should have to handle. You're not doing this shit alone, end of story," Touya said, glancing down at the fast asleep Kota twice at the use of curse words. 

She was a little taken aback by this. He had an odd expression on his face, one she'd only seen a couple of times in their long friendship. He huffed, leaning back in his seat, and shook his head. 

"There are too many people on the line for you to do this by yourself. Not to mention, kid number 39 here, who wouldn't calm down to save his own life when you were out saving the world," Touya said, a lick of red blooming on his cheeks and ears as he turned away with faux annoyance. 

Looking down at Kota again, then back at Touya, she couldn't help but smile. She stroked the small boy's hair, watching as a small smile appeared on his face as she did. 

"Thanks, hun, I mean it," Eli said. She didn't know it but her eyes were blazing red in embarrassment. Keigo could only smile at the soft look on her face.