Speak of the devil.

I slid onto the cafeteria tables bench as the sound of teenage gossip filled my ears.

'Is she Darcy's mate?'

'I heard he rejected her.'

'He's so hot, I wish he was my mate'

My wolf growled at the last one. Ever since the run in at the dance she's been craving Darcy, or rather his wolf. She's been relentless, trying to take over my body so she could run to him. It was annoying. He rejected us, and if she didn't stop thinking about him how would I forget about his beautiful smile, his stylishly messy hair, his abs..

"Ari, I know this is your first day back since you know who rejected you, but this is where he usually sits. Are you sure you want to sit he-" Brooke began whispering to me but was cut off when someone sat on the bench with a loud thud. My wolf yipping with joy and the sparks running through my body told me who it was without looking. "Well shit," Brooke murmured. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear." I gulped and kept my gaze forward even though every fiber in my body was telling me to stare at him. The guys at the table, Trey , Ryan and Jax all started animatedly talking to him the second he sat down. I got up the courage to spare him a glance. Darcy slowly turned his head and caught my gaze, not even trying to hide that he was checking me out. Maybe it was a bad idea to wear a tank top. I bit my lip. Lust swam in his brown eyes before he quickly covered it up, glaring at me. I almost flinched under the anger I saw in his eyes. Darcy returned his attention back to the guys who didn't seem to notice our little stare off, and started to put his input in whatever they were discussing. My wolf whimpered 'why is he mad? Make him forgive us.' I frowned as my wolfs whimpers became louder. 'We did nothing wrong, he's just being a dick. Don't worry, ok?' I cooed, trying to sooth my wolf. It seemed to work a bit, considering she did quite down.

"Ari-" I turned towards the voice before I heard a hiss come from Darcy. I blushed bright red.

I spilt milk.

On Darcy.

"I-I'm so sorry." I mumbled placing my hand on his leg as I reached over to grab napkins. Darcy went rigid under my touch. What's wrong with him? I'm just grabbing-

Oh.

Darcy stared at me intensely, no one but us seeing that I accidentally brushed my palm against his crotch. I bit my lip as he let out a low moan. He leaned in close to me so his lips were by my ear.

"You might want to take your hand off of me or so help me god, I'll take you right on this table." His husky voice murmured. If I wasn't sitting I'd probably be a puddle at his feet by now. Hastily I pulled my hand away, only succeeding in palming his crotch as I did. I blushed as he let out a throaty groan only I could hear. His intense gaze was burning a hole in me. So for the second time, I ran away from Darcy.