Road Trips & Naked Guys.

"You want to what?" I ask, pulling my headphones out of my ears. Darcy lifts his head up from the papers on his desk and grins at me.

"I need a break from being an Alpha. This god damned paper work is giving me a headache," He groans, lacing his hands behind his head and kicking his feet up on his work desk. I just give him an incredulous look. He didn't look too stressed out about the work.

"Soooo..."

"So, lets go on a road trip. Just you and I." He proposes, shrugging his shoulders in a nonchalant way. I nod slowly, slipping my phone into my pocket as I considered the idea. My wolf was obviously quick to agree with anything Darcy says, especially if it meant being alone with him in a confined space for a couple of days.

"Ok.. How long would we be gone for? When do we leave?" I ask, watching as he rolls his right ankle around before crossing his legs on the mahogany desk again.

"We can leave in an hour or so, if that's ok with you. We'll only be gone for a couple of days."

I'm about to open my mouth to ask where we're going, but he shoots me a smile, dimples and all, that make the words die in my throat.

"I'm not telling you where we're going. Why not? Because I need to take care of something and I don't want you getting involved. End of conversation. Now c'mon," He shoos, waving his hands at me in a 'Get lost' movement. I scowl at him. "Go get packed."

"Fine."

"Fine." He mimics childishly, smiling cheekily at me when I shoot him a glare.

"Fine." I snap, pushing the chair back and stretching my tingling legs before walking out of Darcy's small office.

'I love you.' I'm almost at the front door when his raspy voice floats through my mind. I roll my eyes and smile, my heart fluttering at the 3 simple words.

'Love you too.'

--

"Sweet baby Jesus." Darcy groans loudly as the country song floats through his car. I just give him a sly smile, reaching over to the volume knob and turning it all the way to max.

'She's my kind of pony-tail pretty,

Sounds like the country looks like the city,

I march along to whatever out of town drum she plays me

She's my kind of crazy.'

"I swear to god Ariana, one more country song and I will drive us off of this god damn road." Darcy growls, clenching the steering wheel. I kind of felt bad for it, it looked about ready to snap under his grip.

"Don't be such a grump," I whine, sliding on my Ray Bans and propping my feet up on the dashboard. We had been on the road for about an hour now, and as you can tell, Darcy was all moody because he doesn't like my country music.

"Country is making this car ride more and more unbearable." He murmurs, eyes softening as he turns his head to look at me for a second.

"You want to see unbearable? I can make this car ride a hell of a lot worse." I challenge, sliding my glasses down the bridge of my nose so I could watch him. He just smirks.