Practical Magic (Darcy's POV)

Dedicated to the lovely zarawhite for making me that FANTABULOUS BANNER. Go follow her. xx

---

"Why won't you just help me?!" I scream desperately. The girl tilts her head up towards me, the hair that was acting as a curtain shielding her face now gone. Her face was swollen, purple bruises scattered all over her face. If I didn't know who sat before me, I would never be able to tell who she was.

"Because you don't deserve my help." She whispers, her split lips tilting up in a sad smile. I let out another scream, drawing my arm back just to send it driving towards her face again.

The satisfying crunch that fills the air and her muffled scream of pain confirms that I broke her nose. Just another thing I've damaged about her added to the growing list.

"I need her back, I need her here with me!" My voice comes out weak and hoarse as I fall to my knees. "Oh god, I'm insane," I cry out, fisting my hands into my hair as I tug on the strands in frustration. "I'm fucking insane."

"You are." Hannah murmurs. I look up at her bruised appearance through watering eyes. I could only imagine what I looked like right now, on my knees with tears in my eyes, hair sticking out every-which-way due to my tugging at it.

"Please," I whisper. I'd tried everything to get Ariana back; threatening, bribing and even physically hurting Hannah. Alpha or not I had to swallow my pride and apologize to Hannah in hopes she'd bring my mate back to me. I know if the roles were reversed, Ariana would do the same. Even if it meant apologizing to satan himself.

"Please wh-" Hannah's sentence is cut off as her body is racked with coughs. I wince as she spits out blood. "Please what?"

"Please help me bring back the love of my life,"

Hannah shakes her head, "N-"

"Ariana is everything to me," I cut in, knowing this would probably be the only chance I get to try and persuade her to help me. "The sun rises and falls with her. I'll admit I slept around for a while but looking back on it now I wish I didn't, because I want to give her every part of myself like she had done for me."

I slowly lift myself up so I'm standing once again. Hannah opens her mouth but I'm quick to cut her off again. "Look I know this is a far fetch considering all I've done to you and.. I'm not very good at talking about how I feel. All I can say is all the things that don't make sense about me make sense when I'm with her. I love everything about that infuriating girl. Her sarcastic comments, her sharp tongue, and that cute little pout she does when she's thinking really hard about something,"

As mushy as it sounds, I could temporarily feel the hurt lift off of my heart as I thought about my raven haired girl.

"I like the way she doesn't take shit from me, or anyone else for that matter. She's sly, cunning and no matter how hard I try, she always gets what she wants. The girl infuriates me to no end but at the end of the day I love her with all I have and she does- um, did the same for me." I finish.

The silence is deafening. What if I hadn't said enough? I don't know what I would do. I don't think I could live without her. If I can't bring her back, no matter how much of a coward it makes me seem like to my pack, I think I would kill myself to join her.

We seemed just like a twisted Romeo and Juliet.

My thoughts vanish as soon as Hannah's shaky voice rings throughout the room, "Ok."

"Ok?" I repeat, not daring to believe what I just heard.

"Ok. I'll help you."

*~*~*~*

It took longer than I thought it would to get "prepared" for Hannah's resurrection ceremony. We had to hunt down a shit load of candles, draw a circle with some kind of chalk, and get Ariana's body out of the trunk of my car.

Never in a million years did I ever think I would say that sentence. But then again, I never thought I'd be getting a witch to resurrect my mate either.

"Is everyone ready?" Hannah asks, sounding way too calm for my liking. I catch Lucy sending me a nervous stare but I nod towards Hannah anyways.

"Yes," I grumble. "We're ready."

The brown haired girl nods and walks over to the lights, dimming them enough that our only source of light was the flickering candles. She clears her throat as she stands outside of the circle, and I look down just to make sure Lucy and I aren't touching the chalk line either.

"O magnum dea est umbra mortis, ut vocarent te: Dux ab Ariana spiritum tuum regnum nostrum," Hannah murmurs, the Latin flowing smoothly off of her tongue. "O magnum dea est umbra mortis, ut vocarent te: Dux ab Ariana spiritum tuum regnum nostrum!" I flinch a bit as she raises her voice.

She was a scary sight right now; her hair was floating like there was static going through it and her eyes had rolled back into her sockets.

"Restore within her the spirit of life. Evocare lemures de mortuis, and return her to the plane of the living! Hic en spiritus, sed non incorpore, evocare lemures de mortuis, decretum espugnare de angelus balberith en inferno erem meablis!" Hannah screams, her eyes returning to normal. I watch as Ariana's chest thrusts upward, her body flailing violently. Instantly I jump to my feet, screaming for her.

"No!" Hannah screeches as she points her finger at me. "Don't break the circle or she will die and I won't be able to bring her back a second time!"

My wolf starts growling inside of me, angry at me for not going to our mate and complying to Hannah's orders. 'Mate, mate is back. Get to her now.'

'Don't be stupid. We will wreck our chances to ever have our mate back if we break the circle, so shut up and sit down.' I snarl, hearing my wolfs growls stop almost instantly.

"It's working," Lucy whispers beside me. My eyes widen when she reaches over to squeeze my hand with her own but I stop myself from pulling back when I realize it's only a friendly gesture on her part. Still, she drops my hand when she realizes how rigid my body goes at her touch.

Me and Hannah jerk away from eachother as a loud bang fills the air. My eyes train all around the area as I search for a threat, my lip pulling back in a snarl on instinct.

"She's back." Hannah whispers, her eyes wide as she points towards the circle. My eyes follow to where she's pointing and my mouth falls agape.

Ariana slowly pulls herself into a sitting position, rubbing her eyes as if she was just waking up from a nap, not from the dead. My body's completely frozen as she looks around, still completely naked. It wasn't erotic in anyway. It was just simply beautiful seeing her so bare and innocent in the soft glow of the candle light.

After a couple of minutes of silence, I finally seem to find my voice. "Ariana?"

My body heats up as her eyes meet mine, full of confusion, passion and most importantly, love.

"Darcy?"

---

AWWWWWWWW SHIT GUYS AWWWW ShiT

What'd you lovely people think of this chapter?¿?¿

Reason number 838394930 of why this update took so long: I WENT TO THE APPLE STORE AND I HAD THE CHAPTER ALMOST FINISHED IN MY NOTES BUT THEY RESETED MY PHONE AND DIDNT BACK IT UP SO I LOST EVERYTHING UGH SHOUTOUT TO APPLE INC FUCK U GUYS

ARIANA IS FINALLY BACK YAAYYY.

The moment y'all have all been waiting for. (I think)

Only a couple more chapters until Darcy OFFICIALLY comes to an end. It's been an amazing journey with y'all. :)

(P.s) I named this chapter practical magic because it's one of my FAVOURITE MOVIES EVER I LOVE IT.

SO YEAH LOVE YOU GUYS, I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS SO YOU SHOULD LEAVE ME SOME MORE YOU FEEL. I'll try and respond to everyone. :)

Love you all so much xx

-Mother Slanda x