Nursing Hangover's & Taking Shots.

I groan in pain, rolling over in my bed to try and stop the ringing of my phone.

After a few seconds of blindly patting my bed I grab it, contemplating declining the call - that is, until I see the name 'Darcy.' flash across the screen.

"Hello..?" I murmur, hating how gravelly my voice sounded. I felt like shit. My head was pounding so hard it felt like my brain and heart switched places.

"Want to go to Smitty's for some breakfast?" Darcy replies, sounding just as bad as I do. Smitty's was a restaurant around where I lived that almost every hungover teenager in our town went to for food.

"How come you want to go..um, with me?"

The other end of the line is quiet for a few seconds before I hear his voice again. "I know their chocolate milkshakes help your hangover." He mutters shyly. I smile, my heart fluttering a little in my chest.

"Alright, I'll meet you there in 15," I throw the covers off of me with my freehand, already getting up to get ready. "Just don't expect me to look like a beauty queen when I get there."

I hear him chuckle over the line before saying a brief 'ok' and then hanging up. I throw my iPhone on the bed, walking over to my bureau and tugging on a pair of LuLu leggings paired with an old soccer sweatshirt.

Throwing my hair up into a messy bun and grabbing a pair of sunglasses , I jog downstairs. Grabbing my car keys off of the kitchen counter I yell a "goodbye" to the silent house.

--

I slide into the booth, placing my sunglasses on top of my head and flashing Darcy a smile. He grins back at me, exposing the dimples he has; one on each cheek. They made him look so boyish and adorable that all I could do was smile wider.

"Hi, what can I get you lovely couple to drink?"

My cheeks flush a bright red and I open my mouth to respond that we weren't a couple, only to have Darcy silence me before I get to.

"We'll have a coffee and a chocolate milkshake with whipped cream on top."

"Sure thing, darlin'." She messily scribbles down our order on the notepad in her hand before walking off to another table.

Even though the silence between Darcy and I should've been awkward, it wasn't. It was more like a calm, peaceful silence.

A few minutes later the waitress comes back, placing our drinks on the table before scurrying off again. I swirl the straw in my milkshake around before taking a sip and moaning at the taste.

"Good?" He asks, a smile tugging at his lips. I nod.

He reaches over to my milkshake, swiping some whipped cream off of it with his finger. I was about to ask what he was doing until his eyes went wide as he stared at me.

Being me, I obviously became paranoid.

"IS IT A SPIDER?!"

"No," he rests his finger on my shirt. "You have a stain."

"Wher-" I tilt my chin down to look at the stain only to have Darcy lift his finger up and tap my nose with it, leaving him chuckling to himself as i scowl. "Did you just.. put whipped cream on my nose?"

"Yeah," he shrugs, holding his finger out to me. A dirty smirk tugs at his lips and I look at him warily. "Want a taste?"

"No, we don't need to have a repeat of what happened when you asked me to taste the cupcake." I blurt out before I realize what I'm saying.

The smirk slowly drops from his features as he registers what I say as well, his eyes flashing back and forth from black to his normal eye colour.

Shit.