Silver Chains & Sorrowful Childhoods.

HI MY BABIES OMG OK GO AHEAD AND STAB ME I DESERVE IT IM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I'VE JUST BEEN BUSY AS HELL

ILL TRY AND UPDATE SOONER

I tried making this longer but I wrote it in my notes so I can't tell if it is the struggle is real

ONLY A COUPLE OF CHAPTERS LEFT OF DARCY CAN U HEAR MY SHOUTS ALL THE WAY FROM UGANDA

Love you all xxxxxxx

-Mother Slanda x

--

~((Darcy's POV))~

I bite my tongue to hold in a groan of pain as I open my eyes, trying to lift my hand to shield myself from the bright lights. The second I tried to, a searing pain wracked my body.

"Oh for fuck sakes." I growl, realizing that Hannah had bound me in silver chains.

For the most part I had beaten Hannah, but she kept repeating this chant every time I delivered a punch to her tiny body. A few seconds after that.. nothing. I couldn't move, couldn't see. Then I felt something slam the back of my head and bang, I was knocked out cold. Only to come back to reality bound in chains.

"Lucy!" I call out, realizing I had no clue where my not-so-trusty sidekick was. My eyes scour to find her. Where the hell could she be? A feeling of anger surges through my body for her.

Ignoring the bright light emitting from the ceiling, I force my eyes to adjust to my surroundings. It looked like I was chained up in a dingy looking basement, probably the hotel basement, unless I was knocked out for longer than I thought. Somehow I doubted Hannah could drag me far from the hotel.

"Lucy, where the fuck are you." I groan again, the pain of the silver crawling up my spine. I was defenceless against the greyish-white metal, it cut off all of my ties to my pack mates and my wolf. I loathed the feeling of being weak, it made me feel vulnerable.

Vulnerable was something I could not afford to be around her.

"Quit whining, you mutt." Hannah's nasally voice sneers as she walks into my line of view. I instantly yank against the chains, trying to throw myself at her. Even with my connection almost cut with my wolf the anger that radiated from him made me see red.

"Aww, is the puppy angry?" She laughs as I growl at her. "Too bad."

I stay silent as she walks around the room, digging through things until she finds a decent chair to sit on.

"So I heard what happened to your girlfriend." She shoots me a grin that holds no warmth, cocking her head to the side as she watches my body stiffen. "Must have sucked, not being fast enough to save your mate. How did it feel watching her get her throat torn out by some of the most lowly wolves there are? Not much of a mate you are if you can't even fight off rogues..."

"Shut the fuck up!" I bellow, chest heaving as I struggle against the chains. If these god damned things weren't restraining me I would snap her fucking neck in seconds.

"You had this coming, Darcy. If you want someone to blame, blame your father." She hisses.

"My father has nothing to do with this!" I shout, putting all of my weight on the chains as I hang limply. The silver is too strong.

"Your father has everything to do with this, Darcy." Hannah sneers, gripping the chairs handles in anger. The flash of pain in her eyes makes me uneasy. What the hell could my father have done to cause her pain?

"What could he have done to you?"

"He killed my mate."

"Cut the bullshit," I bark as soon as the words spill from her lips. "We both know you're not a wolf."

"Yes I am!" She snaps back, standing up so fast she knocks the chair over. "I know you can smell a hint of wolf on me, don't play dumb. I wouldn't be allowed in the pack if I wasn't part wolf."

"So you're what? A fucking hybrid?" My tone is harsh as I flash my sharpened canines at her.

"Yes. My mother was a witch, and my was dad wolf. The only reason she was allowed in the pack was because she was his mate. Even then she was frowned upon, treated horribly by your fathers pack. They treated her like dirt.

Eventually though, I came along and the Alpha was pleased I was a wolf and hadn't inherited any of my mothers power. I had though, I was just so young it was hard to tell - especially with the smell of my wolf masking it."

"Get to the fucking point," I snap. I knew she had the upper hand in this situation, so I was in no position to call the shots, but my wolf was growing impatient. "I didn't come here for a nice little bed time story."

"Piss off, runt. If you don't shut up ill do it for you." She snaps. I scowl at her, but bite my tongue nonetheless. Taking orders was something I wasn't used to, and it made me and my wolf furious.

Think of Ariana, think of Ariana, think of Ariana..

"When I was about 12, I started to develop powers. My mother could tell. She tried desperately to hide it, knowing how I would be treated differently if they knew I was a-a hybrid," The girl in front of me chokes out, choosing the word I had used earlier. "She told my father about what was happening. We kept my secret hidden for a good two years and everyone was happy. My mom was pregnant with two pups, and I was so excited to have siblings. Everything was finally looking.. better. Brighter."

I watch her silently. Hannah's shoulders had sagged, her eyes looked glazed over with bags underneath them. She looked so much.. older. Like she had aged thirty years in a matter of minutes.

"I wasn't careful enough with my magic. People in the pack got suspicious and reported it to your father, the alpha at the time. He came to my house in the middle of the night. I remember waking up and hearing him fight with my parents about me. I was so worried he would do something bad if he found out. I was right, too.

He used his Alpha tone on my father and forced him to tell him imy secret. Your father was furious, Darcy. He-he didn't want any more witches in his pack.

I remember mom wrapping her arms around her bulging belly, pleading for her unborn babies, saying she would rather die than have her family get hurt. So your father granted her wish. He didn't hurt me or my Dad, but he killed my mom on the spot. Tore her throat right out."

Hannah pauses, shoulders shaking with silent sobs as she retells her sorrowful childhood.

"My dad went insane, spiralling into a depression so bad he killed himself. He couldn't be without her, Darcy. I was supposed to be transferred into another pack, but a nice family took me in so I stayed.

I found my mate a year later, when I was fifteen. I was shocked. I wasn't supposed to have a mate. Who would want to love a hybrid like me?

His name was Joseph and he was everything I've ever wanted. I was in love, and my wolf was completely smitten. I finally felt like it could get better. He made me feel like a normal teenage girl, something id always yearned to be.

We met in secret for a while before we decided we should tell my adoptive parents. They were so happy for me. They informed the Alpha, it was something they had to do so he could prepare a mating ritual for us. I was so scared but Joseph made me feel stronger, so I waited with him by the door until the Alpha came to congratulate us.

He eventually came. He sent out my adoptive parents so he could go over some details with my mate and I. Long story short, history repeated itself. Your father killed my mate because he didn't want me to reproduce. No one even batted an eyelash upon hearing my mates sudden death. I tried desperately to save him with a spell, but I was weak with my powers. If only momma could see me now."

Before I know it I'm struggling against the chains again. "You fucking bitch! You killed my mate because my father killed yours?!" I snarl, desperately trying to get close enough to snap her neck.

"Don't be ridiculous, Darcy. That happened by chance. If I was going to kill her it would have happened long ago. That was your fault for not protecting her."

"How did you not go insane? Why didn't you go insane when he died?"

"Because I'm not a full wolf, Darcy. Part of me died with him that night, just not enough of me to cause me to go insane." She says sadly, flipping off all of the light switches around the room until I'm engulfed in darkness.

"Hannah, wait!" I call.

But she's already gone.