Darcy's POV.

Sorry this chapter is boring/took so long. I had to plan/attend my grandfathers funeral. I was really close to him, so It was a huge emotional thing. I didn't have much time to write between planning the funeral and family dinners and such.

Next chapter will be longer I promise. It'll also be better because we'll finally be getting some action.

Anyways. Rest in peace Jeepers, I hope you enjoy your smoke with a rum and coke. At least the drinks are free up there. :)

(Jeepers isn't his actual name, but him and his sisters/brothers all came up with nicknames for eachother when they were young and we've been calling them such ever since. (For example my two aunts are tiny and buttons.)

-Mother Slanda x

---

I feel a drop of sweat trickle down my forehead as the Californian sun beats down on me. Tucking my RayBan sunglasses into my T-shirt neck, I hastily swipe a hand across my face.

We - meaning Lucy and I - were currently walking along a white sanded beach somewhere in Santee. The scene was like something out of a painted picture. The sky was close to cloudless and the water was beautiful. The only sound I could hear was that of the waves lapping against the shore - oh, and Lucy's constant complaints.

"God, this sand is hotter than satan's asshole!" She cries, hopping up and down on the scorching sand. I roll my eyes at her antics. She glares at me while rubbing the sole of her foot with her hand.

"Grow a pair."

"Oh, shut up. We all know you're hiding your pain because you're trying to keep up some tough guy act." Lucy mocks defensively.

"Or maybe," I say lowering my voice dramatically. "You're just a pussy."

"Dickhead." She grumbles, slapping my arm. My Wolf growls at me to make her show us respect but I do nothing, settling for just flicking her forehead.

After a few minutes of walking with Lucy I decide to move away from her so I could be alone. I end up sitting at the shoreline, occasionally dipping my feet into the clear water.

The sun was starting to go down in the sky. It really did look like a painting; so many vibrant colours mixing together to create a beautiful sunset. Ariana would have liked it, I think. She would have dragged my ass down here just to watch it with her.

"I really do miss you babe," I mumble absentmindedly, tracing little patterns into the sand with my pointer finger. "I'll get to you soon. Promise. It really sucks that every time I look at my ass Im reminded of you." I pause for a second letting the words sink in. "On second thought, that wasn't a very good thing to say," I chuckle as I lean back on my elbows. "Anyways, just checking in on you Princess. I'm sure you're up there with the Moon Goddess."

I pause for a few seconds as my face scrunches up in thought. "When I get you back, Ariana.. I promise to be the most amazing Alpha there is for you. I will protect you forever. I hope you know ill get ten times more possessive too, even if you don't like it. I don't care how much you dislike it. It's time I start acting like a real man and show everyone that you are mine. Anyways, you'll be with me soon. I love you always. " With confidence that I would get my mate back flowing through my body, and feeling better after talking with Ariana, I place a kiss on my hand and tilt it up to the sky.

"Hey, um.. Darcy.. you ready to go?" My head snaps towards Lucy's softened voice and my eyes harden. She winces, only being able to hold my gaze for a few seconds before she tilts her head down in submission. I growl under my breath, lifting myself up and stalking towards Lucy.

"From now on, no eavesdropping. That's an order." I snap as I grab her wrist with a little to much force and drag her back to my car.

-

"Starbucks run?"

"No."

"McDonald's run?"

"No."

"KFC run?"

I grip the steering wheel a little tighter. "No."

"Chick fil-a run?"

"Holy shit, Lucy. No."

"God," she mutters, throwing a sloppy punch to my arm. "If you don't start feeding me, by the end of this trip I'm going to look like a starving African child."

I chuckle, leaning back as I flick on my turning signal. "You're too dramatic. You got food an hour ago."

"What's your point?"

"We're 20 minutes away from Hannah is my point."

"..Oh. Well. Ok. Wake me up when we're there?" She asks, voice growing noticeably quieter. I nod as my response, than watch from the corner of my eye as she lays her head against the window.

Every muscle in my body felt tense as I wove my way through the streets of San Diego.

I felt my best way to ambush Hannah would be to sneak up her balcony, but that would be hard if she was really high up. It's not going to be as easy as going up to her door, knocking and asking if she'll revive my dead girlfriend.

"Lucy," I say. She doesn't move so I reach over to shake her shoulder. "Christ, you're a fast sleeper.Get up."

She mumbles something but obliges my orders, rubbing her eyes and siting up in her seat. "What?"

"I have a plan."