Prologue-Flying objects

4 years ago
Azariah's pov

The pain that radiates throughout my lower body is almost more than I can handle. I've been laying in the fetal position for hours waiting for either death or sleep to take me. Since the latter isn't happening the former must be what's to come.

My mother has tried to get me to eat or drink something all day, to no avail. I really wish she would just leave me alone. Actually I wish everyone would leave me alone. That saying about misery-loving company does not apply here. Not everyone has gotten that memo though, including my two best friends, Jace and Micah.

My phone has been going off non-stop with texts from those two imbeciles.

Micah- come on Azari, come for a run you'll feel better.
Me-fuck off

Jace- wanna go get some ice cream?
Me- you fuck off too.

They obviously don't get it. My body is on fire, and if I didn't have a clear view of my lower stomach I'd swear someone was stabbing me repeatedly. Probably Michael fucking Myers, that's who.

Micah- how about a walk then?
Me- English not your first language?

Although I know it is, I've known him since we were just babies after all.

Jace- is there anything I can do?
Me- yes, stop bothering me

Micah- this isn't your first menstrual cycle, now get over it and get out here.

Wow, I cannot believe that prick actually had the nerve to say that. No scratch that, text it because he doesn't have balls big enough to say that to my face. And if he keeps this shit up we're gonna find out who would win in a fight. I'd put my money on myself right now considering my hormones were at an all-time high. Maybe I should just break his fingers for daring to type that to me, you know let him off easy.

Micah- You're thinking up ways to kill me right now, well why don't you come out and show me what you got!!!

Jace- I'm gonna make popcorn. I have 20$ on you winning in under 30 seconds.

Twenty bucks?? Thirty seconds?? Now I'm insulted. If I didn't know any better and trust me I do, I'd say that asshat is goading me to come out and do it just to get me out of my room.

I try to calm myself by taking a few deep breaths, inhaling, exhaling, inhaling, exhaling. I seriously need to calm down before I do go out there. Those two idiots have no clue how close they are to meeting the goddess herself.

The notification sound on my phone goes off several more times before I just turn the damn thing off without checking to see what dumb and dumber are saying now. Those two will never understand what this feels like. I would take a pain killer except for the level a werewolf needs to work makes me throw up. And that's the last thing I need at the moment. The only saving grace is that this only lasts 1-2 days. I almost feel bad for human women. Almost.

I continue to lay here in my haze of pain and look about my room. It needs a serious makeover. The walls are a cross between bubble gum and Pepto Bismol pink, and lucky me my comforter set matches. In the far corner of the room is one of those high-heel-shaped chairs, also in pink but the heel part looks like it was dipped in glitter. My white dresser is the only thing in this room that could stay, but the twinkle lights that are strung around the mirror also need to go. Man, I wish my parents had learned to tell me no once in a while.

As I lay here going over all the changes I plan to make to this pink monstrosity something comes flying through my window. It hits the floor near the end of my bed with a soft thud. And yes things can just fly through as I no longer have a screen. My parents got sick of replacing it after like the tenth one I broke. After I had my first shift at 12yrs old, my strength and agility kicked in, so I may have taken to using my window instead of the front door to get outside.

Thump

Shit, something else just landed near the foot of my bed. I sit up slowly and tune in my hearing so I could figure out what was going on. It's dark in here and I can't see a thing. I immediately recognized those two dumb fucks hushed voices.

"This is a bad idea Jace" I hear Micah whisper.

"Shhh, she'll hear your dumb ass then we'll both get knocked the fuck out" Jace whisper yelled.

As if the sounds from whatever he's throwing in my window didn't tip me off...idiot.

Thump
Thump

I slowly swing my legs out of the bed, careful not to make any noise as I know their hearing is as good as mine. We're all pretty equally matched in strength but those two assholes are faster than me so I need the element of surprise when I fly out the window. Yes, I fully plan to kill them. If I can catch them that is.

Thump

"Come on Jace, that's enough"

"Two more and I'm done" I can hear the panic in Jace's voice.

Good

My feet were on the floor now and I was slowly raising to make my way to the window. It was only 3 maybe 4 steps. I take one step, then another.

Thump

Shit, that one landed right in front of me. I needed to move and now. According to dumber, dumb only has one more object to throw before the two hightail it out of here. My next step will put me in view of the window so I'll need to step then leap, and fast. Just as I'm about to take my next step, Jace decides to put a little muscle into his next throw and whatever the hell he was throwing into my room smacks me right in the middle of my forehead.

I let out an involuntary scream, from surprise not pain just so you know, alerting the two fuckers that it was time to run. As I put my foot down, I step on something cold and squishy and wrapped in a silky feeling foil.

I bend down to pick up the object that had just bounced off my face, chasing and killing them forgotten, to see what could possibly be worth risking their lives.

No way!

No fucking way! I was holding an extremely squished, thanks to my semi-fat ass, Twix chocolate bar. What the actual hell? I quickly looked around my room, spotting more shapes on the floor. As I gather them all up I realized that Jace, that son of a bitch, threw 7 chocolate bars through my window. Did he think this was funny? I'd show him funny the next time we came face to face.

Right now I have two options, #1-forget said chocolate bars and attempt to catch up with them and finish what they damn well started. #2- jump back in bed and eat every last one of these, and to be honest he literally got all of my favorites. So it's kind of a no-brainer.

Jace-1
Azariah-0

A/N - Please keep in mind that this chapter happens 4 years before the next chapter. It was just meant to be a fun chapter introducing the main characters. Azariah is 16 in this chapter, and is meant to come off as immature and hormonal.
The rest of the chapters are longer and my writing definitely improves.

Thank you for reading, and please feel free to comment or send me private messages with your thoughts.

Enjoy!!