Teachers pet

Chapter 19
Azariah's pov

Today was one of those rare days that I wished I wore make up. More than just my ususal that is. I'm talking foundation, cover up or whatever else there is.

Because the bags under my eyes needed some serious attention. It didn't help that I haven't slept for the last two nights. And now I need to be ready like five minutes ago, cause Amber is on her way to get me for work.

The first night I didn't sleep was the night Amber wanted to talk to me. By the time I got home in the wee hours of the morning, I was still to pissed off to shut my mind down enough to sleep. I spent that day working out at the gym, and then trying to find stuff to do to keep my mind busy.

Pissed off is probably putting it mildly. I'm so enraged I want to rip that mother fucker apart with my bare hands. What he did is borderline sexual assault.

I did manage to find out where he lives and works. Now I just need to figure out his work schedule and I can put a plan into motion. And yes, I'm one hundred percent going to. I don't give a flying fuck what the consequences are.

How someone could do that is beyond my ablility to comprehend. Especially to someone like her.

Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I kept seeing her face when she asked me if I was her friend. The raw vulnerability in her eyes is still haunting me. She asked me not to do this to her, to just let her be if I wasn't really her friend. Of course after hearing what happened to her, I can see where she was coming from.

I was proud of her for having the courage to just come right out and ask me tho. And I'm glad we were able to have that bonding moment. Like I said before, I knew she was meant to be in my life.

So ya, after two nights of no sleep, the bags under my eyes needed more attention than I was able to give them.

I hear my phone ding and I know it's Amber likely telling me she was here. I hurried downstairs and out the front door while checking my phone. And sure enough, there she was.

As I jump in the car she laughs at me."I thought Micah was kidding about you not ever being ready on time."

"That sounds like a you problem" I tell her. She insisted on sharing the driving to Ambersy every other week. So this week is on her.

I notice she's wearing some of the new clothes she got during our shopping trip. She looks good. And I can't help but notice she seems happy, there's a little smile on her lips giving her away. And that honestly is what looks the best on her.

"Stop at the cafe and i'll go in and get us coffee" I point towards the road so she doesn't miss her turn. Once she pulls in, I run in and grab coffees and some pastries. As I'm paying for our stuff I hear my phone ding again. I quickly check it in case its Amber wanting me to get something else for her.

I'm more than a little surprised when I see it's from Zane. I wait till I get back in the car to reply.

Zane- are you free tomorrow night?

Zane- for a date just so you know

me- haha your real funny

me- yes i'm free

Zane- i'll pick you up at 5

me - kk sounds good