Plan B

Chapter 36
Unknown pov

If you want something done right, they say you have to do it yourself.

The problem with that is that there's not enough of me to go around. So I've had to place my trust in others to help me see my plan come full circle.

Staring down at the body of one of the rejects I entrusted to help me do this, I realize what a big mistake I've made. I knew this one only possessed half a brain, but how hard could it be to keep two people in a locked fucking cell?

Apparently hard.

From the odd angle at which his neck was positioned, I knew one of the boys had broke it for him. Served him right for unlocking the cell and going in. And truthfully, if they hadn't of done it, I would have. At least they spared me the hassle of having to rid myself of his stupidity with my own hands.

My problems are bigger than just this idiot though. They managed to kill another one of my accomplices during their escape. And that's the one that did actually surprise me. He was one of my more competant ones I had working for me.

Now I don't have the time, nor the resources to replace the two boys we took. And with all the packs on high alert after the news of the kidnapping, they've all doubled their security. Obtaining new test subjects was going to be down right impossible.

I'm lucky that the ones I've used so far have gone unnoticed. They've mostly been from the pack I've ingrained myself into and are ones that nobody has come looking for. People with no families, or mates, drunks, and a few of the elderly as well. I rarely discriminate due to age or gender, I take what is convenient.

A few more tests were all I needed to be sure that everything was working as it should. I had to be sure all the kinks were worked out before enacting the grand finale. The one that would let everyone know who was in charge.

And make no mistake, that person is me. Regardless of what some of my accomplices might believe. I've had to make it seem like they were running the show, that I just wanted to be a part of this but not the leader. The ones who bought into my bullshit were a special kind of stupid. Like I would ever let someone else have control. Not when I'm the brains behind this entire thing.

Now, what the hell am I supposed to do with this body? It's not like I can drag it out of here to bury it somewhere. This brainless pack has also put extra security guards on. Ever since they found the body of the wolf, they've gone into panic mode as well. Although the Alpha is keeping a tight lid on it.

I do still have three people working here for me, and at least they are not panicking over this minor setback. The one i've always trusted the most is with me and suggests we leave his body here to decompose. Nobody ever comes out this far, and if they did, coming into this old worn down barn is not something that appeals to them.

He helps me drag the body into the farthest corner of the last cell, and we cover it with a tarp. Guess that'll have to do for now. Once it's reduced to bones, we can bury those. The decaying process will take a while, but insects and small rodents should help it along.

"Plan B?" My lackey asks.

"Of course. Let's give it a week until the dust settles down." I affirm.

That's the only upside of the doubled security on all the pack boarders. We'll get a two for one.

And i'll be able to sit back and watch the shit show go down.