Not It

Chapter 57
Jace's pov

The shit storm that's been brewing all day started at 6 am.

Twenty some odd phone calls later, Azariah is ready to lose her mind.

Between Noah and her mom, every 15 minutes one of them calls her. I try not to laugh every time her phone rings, but I can't help it.

By 10 am she insisted we take turns answering. It's funny when I answer, cause the first thing they do, is ask for Azari. I come up with excuses each time. She's in the bathroom, the shower, she ran to the store. They always make me promise to have her call them back, and I agree so that I can end my turn as quickly as possible.

We thought we would have the day to ourselves, to lay around and relax, but damn, were we ever wrong. Before we even had a chance to get up and go see my parents, my mother was already up here, banging on the door. Amora had called her by 7 am, so by 7:15, she was here asking a zillion questions.

Of course, she was happy for us and cried when she saw the moon tattoos, but at the same time, she was angry. Just like Azariah's mom. Neither of them seemed to understand that our wolves did this on their own. Not that we were complaining, cause trust me, it worked out perfectly in my eyes.

After my mother finished her lecture, she made us come down for breakfast. My dad hugged Azariah, then congratulated us. That's how this is supposed to go, not the teary-eyed scolding our mothers gave us. My siblings all accepted it without a second thought. They all loved her and already accepted her as family long ago.

The second we were done eating, my mom left to go meet up with Amora and Noah, and that's when the bulk of the phone calls starting coming in. When her mom called at 6 am, Azariah threatened not to show up tomorrow if she did that again. Apparently now that they know we're out of bed, it's game on.

We called Amber and Micah and asked them to come over so we could tell them to their faces. They were coming at 2, and Azariah insisted on chilling a bottle of champagne. It's probably the only alone time we'll get with those two for the next couple of days, and she wanted to have a private celebration.

I just step out of the shower, and the damn phone is ringing again. "Not it" I yell out. Meaning, not my turn.

Azariah comes over and closes her eyes, with a level of annoyance I haven't seen on her in a long time. "Hello, again" She answers. Then she gives me an evil smirk and puts the call on speakerphone.

"You need to come try on the dress" Her mom states, not asks.

"Later mom. We're busy"

"This can't wait. What if there are alterations that need to be made?" Amora huffs out.

"Okay listen up. I've had enough of this shit for one day" Azariah growls "Stop calling. I already told you guys to just do whatever the hell you want. I gave you the invite list, and I'm not changing my mind no matter how many times you fucking call me. The dress can wait till later. We have plans"

"It will only take a minute, be reasonable here" Amora growls right back.

"Then bring it over. You have ten minutes to get here, and I will put it on for exactly ten minutes. After that, your going to leave, and give us some damn peace and quiet."