Clueless

Chapter 24
Jace's pov

A/N This chapter is dedicated to my first reader, and biggest supporter. Thank you for all the support lifejacket75.

"Don't fucking look at me like that." I stomp on the gas, getting to my destination faster is the only way.

"It's never gonna work, got it?" He definitely doesn't get it.

Don't do this jackass. She'll be upset and think i had something to do with it. I'm not taking the fall for your stupidity.

Finally, I pull up to the rescue shelter and shut off the truck. "I can't keep you. Were enemies okay? It's nothing personal."

The little orange shithead comes over and climbs on my lap, looking up at me with those cute eyes of his. He rubs his head against my stomach and starts to purr. Oh for fuck sakes, why me? There's no way in hell I seem like the cat-lover type.

I open the door and grab him. I called ahead of time, and they said they had room to take him. It's as easy as walking through the door and handing this headache over. I hold him up to my face and look directly at his, "It's not personal."

He swats at my face with his fluffy little paw and starts to meow non-stop. Like he's trying to tell me something.

Look how cute he is. He wants to live with us, so get back in the fucking truck and go get the things he needs to live in our house. Now dammit.

The door to the shelter opens, and an older lady comes out. She has a kind face and smiles when she sees me. "Are you Jace? You called about the kitten you found?" She comes over and attempts to pet his head, but he hisses at her and swats like he's attacking an enemy.

She pulls her hand back and laughs. "Feisty little thing" She attempts to pet him again and this time he uses both paws and grabs her hand then lunges forward and bites her.

Ha ha. Thats right, show that bitch who's boss. If shit face here won't protect you, you do it yourself.

The cat can't hear you moron, I mentally tell Ehron.

"Sir, do you want to bring him in? I have a crate I can put him in"

What? A crate? They can't keep him in one of those. " A crate?"

"Yes, then we'll take him back to one of the kennels we keep them in till they get adopted." She smiles again at me like it should be obvious what they were gonna do with him.

"You know what, I'm good. " I turn my back on her and jump in the truck, and pull away from the shelter like a bat out of hell.

"There's gonna be rules, just so you know. First, stay out my bed. Last night was a one-time exception, no more snuggling with me, got it? Second, no scratching the furniture. And last, but most importantly, no leaving the house. If anyone finds out I have a mother fucking cat I'll be the pack joke."

The pet store is on the way back to our pack territory, not that I noticed on the way here, but I still need to stop to get whatever the hell cats need.

I carry the headache inside with me, just in case someone tries to steal him while I'm gone. The young girl in the store gushes about how cute he is, that is until he tries to bite her too. I snicker to myself, he's got more attitude than Ehron.