Your Right

Chapter 5
Azariah's pov

For the second day in a row, I'm up early and attempting to make myself look presentable. I've promised myself that today I absolutely will not do anything to embarrass Micah. Not that I'm convinced he was overly embarrassed yesterday, but it's probably best to err on the side of caution.

My mother comes into my room just as I'm pulling on my shoes. " Good morning. How's my favorite daughter today?"

"Real funny mom, I'm your only child. And I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"Good. Please be home for dinner tonight. Dad has some things he wants to go over with you." She smiles at me.

"Of course. Gotta go mom. Love you." I kiss her cheek on the way out of my room.

I get outside just as Micah is pulling up. Still a win for me. I can see him shaking his head as I walk up to the truck.

"Who are you and what have you done with my friend?" He says as soon as I open the door.

"I didn't realize you had friends. Sorry. " I reach over and grab the box expecting donuts, but I'm happily surprised that he brought muffins today.

" There you are. And to think I get to put up with your attitude for many years to come. Lucky me". Micah says as he reaches over and steals the blueberry muffin, the one he knew I was gonna take. Not that I'm in a position to complain since he bought them and all.

" Anyways Azariah, what are your plans for tonight?"

" Well, I was gonna spend some time with my two favorite boys, Jack and Daniels. Had a rough week." If I can handle it I may invite my other favorite guy, Johnny Walker.

"I see. Instead of getting shit-faced how about going on a little adventure?" He asks with a knowing grin on his face.

"I'm intrigued. Go on."

"Well, I had an interesting phone call last night. It appears the final test for Jace is going to be that of brain not brawn. And they asked for a volunteer."

I don't even have to think about it. " I'm in."

"Don't you wanna know your part?" He asks teasingly.

"Okay, tell me. But either way, I'm still in."

Once Micah finished, I was stunned. Actually a lot stunned. I get they need to test them in all areas, but this seemed weird.

"So let me get this straight. I'll be taken up into the Selkirk Mountains, at night, and left alone, waiting for Jace to "rescue me". "

Micah laughs at me, " First of all, this is a test for Jace, not a question of your ability to rescue yourself. Second, you already said yes."

"The things I do for you two." I groan loudly. "What time are we leaving?"

"I'll pick you up at one am. Just don't tell Jace anything when you call him later to wish him luck."

We pull up to the medical facility with time to spare. I see Amber sitting in her car, so as we get out I wave her over.  As always she keeps her head down and doesn't make eye contact with us.